You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of ObservedTrials.net    
Observed Trials Bike Forum > Observed Bike Trials Forum > Off Topic >

Need help with Finger injury

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
wvtrials

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Need help with Finger injury

A few weeks ago I hit my ring finger on a rzr door REALY REALY HARD!!!! And the knuckle swelled up and I could hardly move it without pain, know approximately 3 weeks later it's still a little swollen and if I squeeze it lightly it hurts and I can't close it as far as the other hand

Did I just turn the meat into hamburger or is it something else?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
Jon_B

Anaheim California
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've had plenty of finger tweaks from bouldering/climbing and a few things help. Ice baths with two varitations:

1. Fill a bucket with tap water, add about 6 ice cubes and soak your hand for exactly 30 minutes. The water should be as cold as you can handle.
2. Fill one bucket hot, one bucket cold and alternate for 60 seconds each, for 10 minutes.

After that, youtube has lots of physical therapy videos. Rubber bands, stretching and flexion/extension exercises are good. Look for Ask Dr. Jo

Get some athletic tape and cross tape like the rock climbers do, I am sure there are videos.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Go Back   Observed Trials Bike Forum > Observed Bike Trials Forum > Off Topic

Quick Reply