You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of ObservedTrials.net    
Observed Trials Bike Forum > Observed Bike Trials Forum > Beginner's Area >

Street trials bike question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
cantremember

Likes Given: 3

Street trials bike question

Is there a bike that best splits the difference between pure street and pure trials in a 24"? Not familiar enough with geometries yet...Out of the Inspired line is there one that lands closest to dead center between the two types of riding? Looking for something great on the street but still able to ride some pure trials...Maybe any street trials bike is fine and the differences so marginal it won't matter. Any insight appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
wvtrials

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Just checked on tartybikes and there's nothing really bridging the gap between street and pure, the closest to being "between" them is the onza zoot, geo is still vary streety compared to the pure bikes.

U could probably get a street bike and then buy a longer stem to do pure on it, idk if it would really work though

Old 08-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
cantremember

Likes Given: 3

I'll check that out. I had a Hex and loved the quality of the build. Leaning to Inspired again but open. At my skill level any Street 24" would be plenty I'm sure.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #4
SLB
OTN_SUPPORTER.png

Sydney, Australia
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

the czar street 24 with a front free wheel could be a good option.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
Swoofty

Santa Monica CA
Liked 79 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 1

An OLD Czar would be better. The new ones are very much street dominators. The Onza is really the only bridge bike out there right now. I have an old Zoot and I still love it, but you will outgrow it pretty fast as they are really beginner bikes. The newer one (Zoot Pro?) has better parts at least. The Because Color 24 was pretty 'bridgy' too, if you can find one.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
wvtrials

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I have a color 24 I could part with if u want it, going to put a pure frame under so if u don't want the complete bike u can buy the frame

Go Back   Observed Trials Bike Forum > Observed Bike Trials Forum > Beginner's Area

Quick Reply