You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of ObservedTrials.net    
Observed Trials Bike Forum > Regional Bike Trials > Australia & New Zealand >

Hi from Melbourne!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2017, 12:43 AM   #1
Stewyh

Likes Given: 1

Hi from Melbourne!

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wondering if anyone knows of a bricks-and-mortar bike shop in Melbourne that specializes (or at least stocks) trials bikes & parts? There's Bike Trials Direct but they seem to be online only.

Bought myself a Monty Kamel 220 https://flic.kr/p/Rk532N (few years old & needs a couple of new bits), looking to do a few comps at novice level & interested in social rides in/around Melbs if there's any happening. I'm assuming my MTBA license will cover trials events as well as MTB events.

Cheers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
SLB
OTN_SUPPORTER.png

Sydney, Australia
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

what do you need? There's probably heaps of gear floating around here and online is best for new stuff in trials.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:02 AM   #3
Stewyh

Likes Given: 1

Needs a headset. Got a Cane Creek mtb one lying around I'll probably try that and see how it copes. Besides that, just a rear tube for 19 x 2.6 tyre and some shin guards. I'm not convinced about the square taper cranks on it though. Tensioned ok & no play but little creaky still. I'm kinda heavy at 105kg and not the smoothest rider & Square taper cranks on a trials bike seems like underkill... which isn't a word but you get my drift haha. Will leave them for the time being though & see how they fare. Cheers

Old 01-29-2017, 11:50 PM   #4
SLB
OTN_SUPPORTER.png

Sydney, Australia
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

pretty sure standard 20" tube is fine and yeah, square taper sucks. Don't have any mod cranks... about the only thing I don't have :s

Old 01-30-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Gareth

Bikes

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Standard 20" tube will work but get a 19" as soon as possible.
With a normal 20" tube the rear end will wobble around like jelly and make the bike feel unstable.
Probably not good for the 20" tube either

Go Back   Observed Trials Bike Forum > Regional Bike Trials > Australia & New Zealand

Quick Reply