Observed Trials Bike Forum > Regional Bike Trials > Canada > Bash at the Beach - Official Maps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
JK
OTN_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Bash at the Beach - Official Maps

I finally got around to getting these maps uploaded.

The Saturday ride area is natural only. The location is Ashbrides Bay park, 5 mintes east of downtown Toronto along Lakeshore Blvd.

The Sunday ride area is mostly natural, but there is a huge amount of urban riding in the area as well. The location is J.C. Saddinton Park, 15 minutes west of downtown Toronto via. the Gardiner Expressway, Missisauga Road south (follow Mississauga Road all the way to the lake, will lead directly to the parking lot)

If anyone has any questions about Bash at Beach 2005, please post them here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
jamesb

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks for the maps, how does J.C. Saddinton Park compare to Ashbridges bay

om shanti

Old 07-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
JK
OTN_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Ashbridges bay is pretty small compared to J.C Saddinton. If you ride Ashbridges a few times you wear it out pretty fast. I ride J.C Saddington park 3-4 times a week, and I am always finding new lines.

JC Saddington is more technical, and the terrain is more varied. You have the big moves up rocks, and you have the long tricky comp-style lines. There is a small river rock section for those brave enough to go near the water. There are also some nice man-made sections within the park, including a spot where you can go up the side of a house, and a nice spot to practice sidehops/taps.

There is also lots of urban right near JC Saddington park, and spots where you can break for food/drinks. A church right near the park has a sidehop wall that steps up from 32', to 54" pretty much in two inch increments. There is a concrete spot that has some nice taps. More sections than you could realistically spend a day exploring. It's definitely worth saving some energy and staying to ride Sunday.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
Mr_Penut
you gonna get raped

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK
Ashbridges bay is pretty small compared to J.C Saddinton. If you ride Ashbridges a few times you wear it out pretty fast. I ride J.C Saddington park 3-4 times a week, and I am always finding new lines.

JC Saddington is more technical, and the terrain is more varied. You have the big moves up rocks, and you have the long tricky comp-style lines. There is a small river rock section for those brave enough to go near the water. There are also some nice man-made sections within the park, including a spot where you can go up the side of a house, and a nice spot to practice sidehops/taps.

There is also lots of urban right near JC Saddington park, and spots where you can break for food/drinks. A church right near the park has a sidehop wall that steps up from 32', to 54" pretty much in two inch increments. There is a concrete spot that has some nice taps. More sections than you could realistically spend a day exploring. It's definitely worth saving some energy and staying to ride Sunday.
you should be a salesman

I can vouch that jd saddington is good, there is a bike shop under 5 min away for tubes and such.

Go Back   Observed Trials Bike Forum > Regional Bike Trials > Canada

Quick Reply