ZOO Pitbull worth it?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by mickey_b12, Jan 2, 2004.

1. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

Iam thinking about buying a zoo, but it is a hard fo me to decide, beacuse all reviews that are done by the people that have them, are on both sides, some people say that they r good and others say they are shit.
    so is it really worth buying one. i have about $1450 Australian. i could afford a koxx but then i would have no other money to spend on good parts. i need new parts because i ride a raceline and all the parts on them are shit as people know.
    any advise would help!

Michael

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

As a general rule of thumb, I like to purchase the best frame I can as upgrading that down the line takes a larger investment. You can upgrade parts as the money comes in, but you would really have to save up to get a new frame in the future. Now I don't think you're going to have problems with either of them breaking, but I'm totally unsure as to the quality of either... though koxx has the better reputation. Hope this little bit gets you to think about what works out best for you. Good luck!

Bill

3. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr New Member

i'd save up and go for the koxx with good parts. as far as i know the pitbull by zoo is shite
    koxx is much better :bigthumb:
    pitbull is gay :greddy:

4. Elan

Elan steve french

if you are absolutely sure you want to buy a frame now at a medium price, i suggest teh echo pure...it seems to be THE deal for trials..excellent geometry and decent price (i think?), they have gotten excellent reviews from everybody who has ridden one, and i havent heard of one breaking, i mean hell, TRA rides em. good luck.

oh yea, as far as the zoo goes, i have messed wit hone a little bit, and they arent all that they are cracked up to be... they look nice, but i think its just a lot of hype.

5. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

thanks for the advise. I am looking at the pure it looks like a really good bike. but does any1 no how the zoo actually rides. i know that some of the welding is really dice, but the ride is really wat im after. im not that heavy and i dont think i would be able to crack the zoo.
    well thanks
    Michael

6. Elan

Elan steve french

welding shmelding, i dont thin it is a big deal unless you are pro-level..you know? there are two riders who have reviewedteh zoo that i know of, stephen from BT.com, who wants to have his babies with deng. and then andrewT from this forum, who hates zoo pitbulls beyond all comprehension. and then this guy in texas just turned around and sold his liek the day he got it...sethbomb i think is his name...

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

go for the pure, its a nicer frame if you ask me. or save up a little more and go for a koxx. pitbull would be a fine bike if it cost less but it's overpriced for what you get i think.

8. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

yeah true, i think i might go wth the pure. but i think i can afford the koxx so its a reall hard descision. i have rode a 1065 before and i Loved it, but i have never rode a pure wats the ride like compared to a koxx?
    cheers
    Michael

9. unlearn

unlearn Member

i have the ZOO! pitbull...here's an unbiased review...

Geo - feels REALLY good...super close to the KOXX 1065

Rigidity - flexfest '04..this bike is not as stiff as the Levelboss...

weight - stop being gay

"build up" problems - usually with ECHOS and ZOOS there are certain "modifications" that have to make up for manufacture's mistakes...this bike had NO SUCH ISSUES...built up like a dream...

Overall value - I would not pay $550 (i recommend a MAX price of $400 for this frame)...save a little and get the KOXX...or save a little more and get the COUSS....

10. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

do u run a brake booster?

11. Elan

Elan steve french

no, he doesnt..i hit his brakes a few times, and the "seat stays" flex like noodles, i can figure out why, that gay bridge does absolutely NOTHING to help the flex...queer as folk.

12. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

mmm ok. i think maybe the pure is the go then. wat do they feel like? i have heard that they feel really good, but thats only from 1 person beacuse thats the only person i know who has one.
    they have the same geo as koxx but bit shorter don't they?

13. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

There is a review up on Biketrial now. Not Maeder.

14. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

do u recon the pitbull would be good for tap? cause i don't like to bunnyhop mainly because i can't lol.
    1060 or 1065 wheelbase must be good for taps ey?

15. Elan

Elan steve french

good for tabs..high bb plus decent length, should be money.

16. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

good. if i get it im am gettin it with the pure fork which i have heard is all right. and not as flexy as the zoo fork. :D

17. Elan

Elan steve french

prolly teh same thing..wait..no,,it has round legs.

18. unlearn

unlearn Member

actually, the frame is stiffer than any other frame i ever seen (interms of braking flex) it just flexs more than i expected and that was a great dissappointment....when i get on graham's LB, the stiffness of the seatstays is close to equivelent (the LB has a booster)

19. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Go pure with the parts.I've got a large kockx.It's good but portly and the
    newer echos are pretty damn good.

20. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 New Member

so do u recon u would need to run brake booster wth the pitbull?