Observed Trials banner

Woodman frame and components.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Elan 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is looking into getting into trials, but he doesn't want to start with a mod, he wants to go stock, he wants to know if any of these are crap.....and what he SHOULD get instead....
Frame: T-pro
Fork T-9
Stem: Wow 25 degree 95mm extension
Hub: Bill trials fixed cassette hub
Bars Wide N' Wild TT
Headset: Jupiter

He's looking for something out of the ordinary, but if it's crap, he's obviously going to avoid it...It's kinda neat, cause I want to learn trials on a Mod, and he wants to go stock....this way, we can trade off every so often to get the feel of each....

What do you guys think?

#4 ·
You have to remember a frame makes a huge difference for me, every part does...a certain angle here or there could mean a few inches difference in an up at my level. Not to sound like a big headed ass but not everyone cares enough, like dave he loves his woodman...I'm sure the person I'm selling my woodman to will love it. I've enjoyed the time spent on it, but I also look forward to getting my coustellier a great amount :)

On thing to consider- if he is a beginner, you may want something stronger. The woodman is very flexy and around 3.7 pounds for the frame. You don't want to beat the shit out of it, it won't work out in the long run.

Also that fork, it has some severe tire clearance problems last I looked...like no wide tires will fit it.

#6 ·
Im glad this has come up,
Ive been wanting to ask Mr. T (andrew) how his woodman is working out for him, since hes been on one for a little while now. The appeal of the woodman to me is price but at what cost?
I was gonna ask if you wanted your Koxx back, because of the bb height and/or whatever else.

So what was the determining factor eh? Im not a beginner. I think I can appreciate your input, Im empathetic like that. If its just because youre gettting a good deal on the cous.... then thats one thing but I have a feeling youre highly anticipating the new geometry.

I mean, it cant be that bad right, Marc Vinco is riding one now isnt he, surely he'd have the BB raised, but he hasnt? I dont get it. I talked to Vince at Woodman just casually and I asked just why are there subtle differences between the t-pro and vinco and he told me that the French guy who heads Woodman never stops improving or desinging his stuff. So Im wondering.. when will that BB come up if ever?

To the original poster, have your friend wait and get the woodman carbon forks, theyll be out soon I think.

All the rest of that stuff is crap. No, just kidding. woodman also has a 20mm thru axle fork, it may have more clearance and with discs as finnicky as the can be sometime I think thats the way to go- solid mount.

also, I think that fixed hub is pretty darn heavy if I remember correctly.

ahem, thats more than Ive written in months.

#7 ·
dingus said:
I mean, it cant be that bad right, Marc Vinco is riding one now isnt he, surely he'd have the BB raised, but he hasnt?
I'm pretty sure that koxx anounced that Marco is back with Koxx now. Should make things pretty interesting for woodman...
Martin

#8 ·
I'm looking forward to the coos purely for geometry, I would be willing to pay full price too. I wouldn't do that for a koxx however....the only two frames I would consider right now are the XTP and the cous for myself.

For $420 the woodman is a great deal, but I would think about spending the extra hundred for an echo pure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.