White Industries Trials Freewheel

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Faction Bike, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

King who? Yeah, I got the White Industries TRIALS freewheel in the mail today. Forget swarm of bees king, these 72 engagement points sound like a rattle snake between your legs. Most solid engagement I've every felt. Specifically designed for TRIALS abuse.....this is not for our spandex wearing counterparts. I have put a pic below. Naysayers might say...that's just an ENO but I'll post some pics of the insides later and let you know how she performs after a lengthy test. Take care.

[​IMG]

2. hophopsnap

hophopsnap New Member

looks nice how much was it? :D

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

try free magee for the big ballaz

4. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

They retail through me for $90. These things are way hot. Case hardened and nickel plated teeth, 3 pawls ingage at once in a six pawl system, way beefed up over the regular eno. They even had to buy a new machine just to cut the pawls because the material was so burley.

5. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr New Member

tasty, let us konw how it rides

6. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx New Member

<twitch>

<twitch>

I think I can wait until mine arrives tomorrow. Well, not like I have a choice. Thanks for the help with it, Graham.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

What teeth do they come in?

8. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx New Member

18T only right now for the 72pt trials version.

9. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

as zyzzyx said they only have them in 18 but they will do other sizes in the next production run if demand is high enough.

10. manimal

manimal New Member

hey, do any of you have a link to an info page or something for these? the W-I website doesn't have them on there..

nice hand by the way..

11. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Is it possible to replace the outer teeth? Or do you throw it out once the teeth wear out? Just curious.

12. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

the probably wont wear out... and why would you throw away a $90 free wheel..?

13. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Well any sort of teeth are going to wear out unless you have an aluminum chain :) And once the teeth attain the shape of a shark tooth, the chain life will drop down significantly. So for safety reasons the freewheel should not be used even though it costs $90. I might be wrong though...

14. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

those freewheels are completely rebuildable. you can replace the driver part of it. what kind of kryptonite uber-chain are you running that wears out freewheel teeth? i imagine these are as burly as king kogs and i have been running the same king kog for 3 years on my mod and well over a year on my stock with only slight discoloration to show for wear.

15. BobTheLobster

BobTheLobster New Member

Tasty!!
    Sinse they are using 8620 steel or some such thing, yes they will wear out, but you will be so old you won't even remember riding bicycles by then. Lol but seriously yes normaly chain and cogs wear togther, however with the new metals they are using. [laugh] it is almost not a problem anymore.
    This freewheel ought to last a long long time.

16. BobTheLobster

BobTheLobster New Member

and Sinse I can't spell at 4:00 a.m I should not post. * since

17. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

OHH MY GOD!! this freewheel is so awsome.. go buy one now.. its incredable.
    yes! :bigthumb:

18. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

not only are these teeth made out of crazy high strength steel but they are nickel plated for added ruggedness........who needs a bashguard when you got a white :dunno: