What do you want to see here?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by OTAdmin, Sep 20, 2003.

1. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Hey everyone, I'm going to continue to update the site and get more pictures and videos and such. However, I'm wondering what you want to see here. What will keep you coming back? If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Bill

2. FreeRangeChicken

FreeRangeChicken New Member

Hot naked women on trials bikes ......that would keep me coming back.

Just kidding! (sort of)

Nice web site Bill. I know how labor intensive running a web site can be. Getting one set up is the easy part. The hard part is keeping it up, and keeping it current. The file upload area is a cool feature. I've used phpBB in the past also.... pretty nice for a freebee.

I've seen add ons for phpBB that allow you to post news headlines (pulls them from other sites). Haven't really looked into how that works, but if you could have news headlines for the trials community on your front page, that might be cool...... though, how much "news" really comes out of the trials community..... what I mean is that there may not be enough news circulating to support such a feature and keep things fresh. Gotta keep things looking fresh or people don't bother to come back.

Keep up the good work!

Dave L.

3. OTAdmin

:rofl:

Yes it has been quite labor intensive so far, I've been very busy with everything. As for the news headlines, I have news headlines on the very first page, just below the welcome "block". It's not pulling trials news from other sites, but so far has basically been about news on this site. I've had at least one update every day since opening, so I like to keep people abreast of what I've been doing, because certain parts have changed or had things added and this way they know to go check it out. In the future (and I have in the past) I do plan to have actual news from the trials world, but as you've said... there isn't much news going around. Thanks for taking the time to submit your ideas.

Bill

4. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

REGIONAL FORUMS!!!. biketrials.com woulddn't do it because stephan didn't undersand it :rolleyes: we need one so that we can talk to local riders, for group rides, comps, etc. We use the same thing on my Subaru club to organize meets, help with installs, etc. It makes it so local threads don't get lost in the general discussion.

5. OTAdmin

Great Idea Dolphin, check back in a few minutes :)

6. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

How about a WANTED section. For people who need used or new parts or bikes.

And ya
    JK :bigthumb:

7. OTAdmin

Coming right up!

8. TrialsinKy

TrialsinKy New Member

In the regional forums maybe a midwest section, the scene is growing!

9. OTAdmin

Comin right up :)

10. P3-boy

P3-boy New Member

There aren't enough people and or subjects, this makes the forum kinda boring. How about a product review section, more links coming to this site. also go to http://unrealcycles.com/ its a good site check out some of the things done on that site also http://drunkencyclist.com/ check that out too get a feel for the freedom of those sites and follow it. :naughty: :bigthumb:

11. P3-boy

P3-boy New Member

Steal some of the pics from drunken cyclist too

12. P3-boy

P3-boy New Member

also just for laughs, i think we should all start talking with british accents it would be BLOODY BRILLIANT! :naughty:

13. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

14. OTAdmin

:werd: I can't be arsed to talk like that all the time

15. P3-boy

P3-boy New Member

fine how about like a pirate? can we settle on that? :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: :joshers: