trials bike advice

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bryco8, Feb 12, 2004.

1. bryco8

bryco8 New Member

hello all, my brother and i are new to trials, but really want to try it, we were thinking about buying the monty 219 x-alp magura, we both would be using it as beginers, so we need somthing that can take a beating, any comments or sugestions about this bike or just starting out would be great . thanks - bryan

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

I moved your topic into the observed trials discussion part of the site because the "help and suggestions" part of the site is for suggestions for the site. You'll get more answers in here too :)

The x-alp is a great deal (especially right now, I think webcyclery.com is selling them at a big discount) and it should hold up fine under you guys. Keep in mind though, that you don't have to buy a trials bike to learn trials. Most people start on their regular mountain bikes, some even start on bmx bikes. A trials bike will make it easier to learn, but you don't HAVE to spend the money right away. Also, you don't have to get the model with maguras, theres nothing wrong with V-brakes at all, so if you're tight on cash, I recommend either using your current bike, or buying the one with Vs. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Bill

3. bryco8

bryco8 New Member

the money thing isnt too much of a big deal, as a downhill mountainbiker, i just know that the hs11's are going to provide more stopping power, also we are pretty good on our mountain bikes, we think its time to step up, but where do you buy parts for that bike, such as the bb gaurd, rear tire and tubes?

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

webcyclery.com should have anything and everything you'd need for it. And I wouldn't count on the hs11s providing more stopping power.

5. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i'd get v-brakes eh :bigthumb:

but yeah, those are nice bikes.