Trials at the Anglesea bike park

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by wonnabe, Mar 4, 2011.

1. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

In order of satisfyiing the needs of the local trial bikers [ME], I have been granted permission to build a trials section at the Anglesea bike park.
    I have a chainsaw and access to some logs and large stumps at present and in a few weeks a man with a bobcat.
    Would love some feed back on what to do so as to build some thing that is cool for all levels of riding or maybe you would come and help one Sunday when we get the bobcat
    Boyd, your not too far away, Werribiee that pretty close too, Hey Jeff, Kane and Hayden And Toby I guess your in too
    Maybe we could have comp there one day in the future

2. Haydon#9

Haydon#9 New Member

Hey Bob,

Jeff, Kane and I are more than keen to come down and help you set up something.

3. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

Thanks guys that would be great. I'll let you know, when I know when the bobcat is coming

4. Jacko

Jacko New Member

Hi,

Depending on how much gear you've been given, using the bobcat to create a variety of large mounds, and then setting obstacles into these mounds can be a good way to increase the number of lines when obstacles are limited. I'm not sure if you've ever been to the Oakleigh Moto Trials Club but its a good example of what I'm trying to describe. I'm sure someone can provide photos if needed.

5. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Nam

hey is this the iride park that's in apollo bay? i've been meaning to get down there since i got a dh bike to learn with

oakleigh is pretty cool so that'd be good to aim for
    happy to help out with working bees when the dates are announced

good stuff bob

6. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Just let me know and I'll do what I can to help out. I have some crap around the place too.

7. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

Thanks guys
    If barney has done it properly, here's some photo's of some of the logs I have got at hand

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  8. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

and one last one...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  9. Blackstick

Nice! You'd be able to get a good amount of obstacles set up from that.

10. moyseybike

moyseybike Member

sweet, i can assist for sure:) Nice work Bob.

11. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

Thanks Boyd
    Made a start yesterday, Barney and I cut down some weedy shrubs, to open up some space. I have lots more logs but some large rocks would be nice
    And Nam
    No its not at Apollo Bay, it's 500m from my place in Angelsea. But if you want to ride DH down at the iride place at Apollo Bay, let us know as Barney is very good friends with Mike who owns the place. he worked there for awhile, I'm sure he would love to take you there for a ride
    if you care to watch, heres a video of barney when he was 15 with a camera taped to his heads on the second half of one of the tracks. before he found cars and girls ;)
    there are also some other vids of apollo bay on my youtube site.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JF1F09FzuQ[/ame]

12. moyseybike

moyseybike Member

Bob, if you can collect them with something, there is a shitload of rocks in our back paddock in connewarre....

13. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

mmmm... do you have some thing to load them into a truck with

14. moyseybike

moyseybike Member

Afraid not... Apart from dragging them in with the winch on 4wd, but i don't think that's to smart!!!

15. Blackstick

I might be able to get hold of an excavator? Maybe...

16. Blackstick

Yep. Payment in a couple of slabs maybe...

17. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

Sounds cool
    So dose that mean you have a large truck too
    and is there any other bike parks in OZ that have have a purpose built trials area

18. OGJON

OGJON New Member

Awaba Mountain Bike Park Here in the Watagans, NSW has a very small & I mean small trials section.

19. troski

troski New Member

There is some stuff at stromlo(never seen anyone on it).
    Good luck and good-on-ya.
    We do expect pics/video when done.:yum: