Today I (brag) ...

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by Jitters, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jitters

Jitters One Trick Pony

Welcome back everybody!

Such a great thread started by sxbud, I believe. Wanted to bring it back to life because it rocks for us noobs.

Today I consecutively back hopped (dropped) off of four sections at my local amphitheater. Working my way to all 6 little walls. Life is good.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. TRD

TRD New Member

i havent ridden in a month or 2, been busy and i need new brakes

3. sxbud138

sxbud138 Still going strong

Yup it was me,thanks for gettting it up and going again. Now it can rule the beginners area once again.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. sxbud138

Well lets see, first I got my new stock built up and running and LOVE it. I made a vid afew weeks back of me riding it indoors.Its nothing special just some work on gaps to frnt and what not, I had about 15 hrs on the bike then.
    [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/8645443"]Winter Trials on Vimeo[/ame]

5. My god.... I feels like we went back in time... Everything is from 08...

Oh, I'll post my two latest vids (which I'm sure some of you saw)...

The first is me trying to be like benito while on the back :)

The second is because I was bored as shit without OTN.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  6. johnglazer

johnglazer New Member

sxbud - Do you really keep track of how many hours you have on a bike?? haha
    Should have put music to that video... Good progress though!

doch - Bend your elbows more

7. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't bend my elbows anymore and keep the front of the bike low... I have been trying to not pay attention to body position until my balance gets a bit better...

Plus I think I need a longer stem... But thats not going to be purchased for a while. Instead I rolled my bars back so the rise is going up rather than to the front end.

*edit* could I be too tall for my bike?

8. johnglazer

johnglazer New Member

Try bending your elbows a bit more and having your front wheel *slightly* higher... Your weight needs to be further back, that's why the front dropped.

You look to be on the tall side for that bike, but not necessarily too tall. A longer stem may help, or you might find that a longer frame would suit you better. Are there any riders near you? The best thing to do would be to ride other people's bikes and see how they feel. What's the length of that frame?

Edit to keep somewhat on topic of thread - Today I rode in shorts and a t-shirt! I'm ready for constant warm weather again...

9. I didn't ride today... Today I thought about riding while watching the rain and snow.

Yeah, If I bend my elbows a bit and raise the front I feel better and more "centered" on the bike... I have been just keeping my mind on balance... Friday I easily hopped 12 times on the rear... I even stopped around hop 8 or 9 corrected my pedals and continued. It was facken oarsum.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  10. sxbud138

Yup, I have a hour meter mounted on my bike. When i ride I hook it to my nipples to create the 1.2 jiga wats to power it.

11. TrialFahrer

TrialFahrer Trialfahrer

I am practicing gap taps, frenchies, or what ever you call them. Now I can actualy do them. Not very well and it looks weird but I think with practice I will get them. They are hard as crap though. But practice makes perfect

12. steven cannaert

steven cannaert Flea Bag

ahhhh, good to see things getting back to normal

13. sxbud138

Hey, how come I never see you on FB cornhole.

14. bigfoot rider

bigfoot rider New Member

Hey all, great to be back!

Haven't rode in several months, still too damn snowy and cold for now =/

15. nonsensefellow

nonsensefellow New Member

I haven't done much riding because all this, snow, and cause my brake was screwed up and I had to order a part through my bike shop, so when I finally got on my bike again, it felt really crazy, almost like when I first got it. I can still pedal kick though. I think I 'm gonna go ride right now actually.

16. matt tomlinson

matt tomlinson New Member

my friends and i have been riding all winter long on this mad ghetto carpet setup. and yes i am bragging about that because it beats the alternative of not riding. also i built a new wheel.

pics of winter riding as seen here. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020301&id=1532632641

video as seen here, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqeO501j-u8"]YouTube- winter trials[/ame]

its good to be back, i have been waiting a month to post this.

17. jesse18

jesse18 New Member

ive rode bikes forever but just got into trials about 2 months ago and this about what i have got so far.(i suck at making videos i know)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAn_-8Zkge0"]YouTube- trials vid 1.WMV[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  18. ateam

ateam Old Man, Poser, Newbie, "Huba Huba"

Progression - progression - progression. Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. Nice stuff.

19. Tiktock

Tiktock New Member

Today I re-registered on OTN, upgrading my lameness from a pathetic 09'r to an absurdly lame '10r.

Havent ridden in a few months, but looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with some OTN motivation.