TNN Blacks

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by tryallmaster, Feb 18, 2012.

1. tryallmaster

tryallmaster New Member

Had a quick hour to film a few clips riding the NEW TNN Blacks pad. The new compound is currently being tested by several riders.
    First impressions of the Blacks are very positive. Certainly a contender to become the next 'pad'.
    The pad has not been released yet.. It is still under this final stages of testing.
    I am also riding the prototype forks with disc mount. Front wheel moves have never been easier..

Cheers, Lewis.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/37014669[/ame]

2. toyota200x

toyota200x In the present moment

It is great to have a company continually making quality products. As always, amazing riding.

3. mikeyr89

mikeyr89 Active Member

That pretty much sums it up. :h5:

4. REDOVAL

REDOVAL Scott Thompson

Ive been riding these for the past month and think they should definitely release them for production.

Scott

5. trellex

trellex the Brown Boy

Are the better than the LGMs? I ask better, I mean pure stopping power, no modulation. How are they in the wet? I didn't hear any bite in the video when you were riding in the water, so just curious as to how they felt?

After riding with the LGMs, I will strongly endorse TNN. Quality product with amazing results.

If these pads are better than the LGMs, I wanna know!!

6. Hooha

Hooha New Member

Nice riding Lewis, and if I didn't ride dual disk I am sure I would be after some TNN pads...;)

7. Le@TNN Engineering

Le@TNN Engineering New Member

No noise in the wet due to used grind. Fresh grind+water=noise most of the time. In the vid Lewis slightly over shot the landing and no slip so wet performance looks promising.

Here's what my riders and myself have to say about the blacks. Modulation,Bite and Hold better than the Belaey's and very close to the beastly LGM. Performance consistency is excellent and wear is better than Belaey's.

Here's the compounds in a nut shell.

-LGM street,big moves,Harsh grind,No modulation,Big locking power,wet.
    Smooth rim Modulation and holding power. No wet.

-Belaey's street and natural,med grind,modulation,locking power,wet,muddy,dusty. Very consistent compound.

-Blacks I'd say the blacks are Belaey's on steroids. Will be cheaper too.

Some more info on the LGM's

LGM's are like the F1 of brake pads an absolute monster once they are bedded in. But like anything which works at such a high level anything can affect the performance. Worn grind,dirt,any form of oil,the waxy residue on the tubes whilst changing tires/tubes. These will all noticeably decrease performance.

So the idea with the Blacks is to develop a compound that can perform at 95% of LGM and be consistent day in day out until the pads worn out. "set and forgot" as we'd say.

Hope I answered your question.

8. NateE

NateE wtflol

So Blacks are the low maintenance riders' choice?

Interesting.

9. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

If anyone says anything bad about "The Blacks" it's ground for a ban. And for the newbs, I'm as white as a can of off whitish paint

10. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Around blacks, never relax!

Edit: Obviously i'm joking and quoting from a poster from many years ago.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  11. MaxTorq

MaxTorq New Member

Does this mean that the Blacks' braking performance are less affected by contamination?

12. Le@TNN Engineering

Correct! I regularly remove my wheels of my bike with Blacks and Belaeys. Tire contacting the pads the whole time during removal of wheel and I notice no drop in performance.

13. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

I want some blacks.

I've been using LGMs for years but recently they have stopped working like they used to. Even with a fresh grind the pads don't get that bite sound. Thoughts?

14. sk8dad

sk8dad every ounce of fun

What does the pad profile look like? Just a thought. Mine decreased power after about 8 months and several grinds. Then by off chance I looked at them and noticed that they've rounded off a bit. There was a slight crown in the forward to backwards profile. I then sanded the pads flat, and back to 100%.

15. Le@TNN Engineering

If you sand your pads back and rebed them in and there not 100% there is a high chance you've got some kinda of deep contamination in the pad itself. Game over new refills needed.

16. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

Once you go black, you will never go back

17. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I've found the LGM more prone to decrease in performance from contamination.
    Even that, with the Be-Greens, I think I got some tyre muck on them. Fresh grind, cleaned with metho and the blue part back to working, green not so much...

18. chiao

chiao Member

I have the exact same problem. Sanding the pads down didn't help either and I have to use tar to get any bite. We probably have some sort of deep contamination like Le said. Or is it possible that the compound itself is deteriorating?

19. livio

livio New Member

Mabey TNN changed their green formula and hasnt mentioned it yet?

20. Le@TNN Engineering

There hasn't been any change to our LG (green) compound. It's still our top top selling pad.