The Big Freeze

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Cole, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Cole

Cole New Member

Usually the city of Corvallis, Oregon, sees little snow as it is near sea level and in a very temperate region but for the last ten days there's been like 4 new inches of snow each day and it's so cold outside right now the rain freezes on everything the instant it lands. This has made for some interesting sights. Sucks for riding though. Classes were cancelled at the University today as a Winter storm warning was put into effect for Oregon. Wierd! Anyone else feel the pain? Usually Corvallis just gets like 60 inches of rain, craploads of fog, and very little sunny weather during the winter. I'm stuck inside.

2. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

yes! hate snow.. its 24 degrees outside rite now.. and snowing.. everything is icy.. i tryd riding but no luck.. haha.

3. Cole

Cole New Member

This is the second day Oregon State University is closed, what the hell? Power has been out all over the town. Wow. This has got to end.

4. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

This is the end!!!!!! Mu HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ty

ty shizzle dizzle

it snowed here monday morning, and i think the temp was about -10, with a windchill of about -33, thats really cold and very :greddy:
    [edit]: today it was 58, and more of the warm stuff to come, gotta love CO weather

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Fuck man.... This 50 degree weather here in colorado sure does suck, I hate riding in shorts and a t-shirt in january. You guys are lucky.

;)

7. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

-25 C today. 45km/hr wind. snow and ice everywhere. very retarded. stupid winter. just as im about to get my new frame too.

8. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Trialsin' in Bisbee

haha, 60-70 deg today and i even seen a cloud. I pretty much nightride and it's been like 40-50 at night. Bisbee kicks ass!

PEace

9. PaulG

PaulG Releasing the Kitties

mmm it was abit chilly here today 23C and now 19 at 9:40 at night brrr might have to put a long sleeve shirt on if it gets colder 25 tomorrow 28 next day damn it's a harld life in Aus

10. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

note above temps are in deg C.

11. warpig

warpig New Member

It warms up a little for a perfect weekend of riding and I get a cold :down: Rode anyways, albeit feeling a little loopy being all doped up on antihistemine. :D