Test ride a trials bike

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by gooselips, Jul 6, 2016.

1. gooselips

gooselips New Member

Hi everyone,
    My first post.

Is there anywhere in Melbourne I can test ride a trials bike? I've never ridden one but I'm really keen on buying one.

I've been looking all week but I can't find a single store with bikes in stock. I want to try both a 20" and a 24".

I'm in the outer north but willing to travel to check one out.

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

You won't find a trials bike in stores, but you will probably find a trials rider that's happy to let you have a play on their bike and talk some shit.

Welcome to the forums.

3. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Hey mate, I've got a bike, I'm in the Gisborne area. You're more than welcome to borrow it for a few days considering I'm an old slackarse and dont ride.

4. gooselips

gooselips New Member

Hey rush, that's a real generous offer. I'd be happy just to try it for a hour or so. I'll be coming out that way in a day or two. I'll send you a PM when I know my plan.

What bike do you have?

5. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

There's a comp on the 4th August at Werribee, come along and you can test ride all types of bikes Everyone is very friendly and will let you try there bike

6. gooselips

gooselips New Member

Hey wonnabe, checking out a comp would be great. Are you sure that date is correct though? The 4th is a Thursday.

7. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I think it might be the 7th?

Comps are a great opportunity to check out bikes, riders and get advice of all kinds. Everyone is super friendly and it's a heap of fun. If you have a MTB just bring it along and have a go at some of the sections just for fun.

I have a Zoo Python. 26" no seat comp style bike I guess you'd call it. Nothing special but it does the job. Just let me know when you want to pick it up.

8. wonnabe

wonnabe Member

sorry :momaru: The correct date is 4th September. Hope to meet you there, it's a great way to see what bike trials is all about.

9. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Nam

Definitely consider rush's offer and going to a comp to check out the scene. I'm in outer North East and have a 20" you can test out. Pm me so I get notified as I don't login here that often.