So what's the best program for editing videos?

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Cole, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Cole

Cole New Member

What are the best video editing programs for both pc's and macs and why?

2. Tanner

Tanner New Member

For a Mac - Final Cut Pro 4 because it IS the best media editing software ever.

For PC's - Adobe Premier because it runs the best on a PC and can do ALMOST what FCP 4 does.

For those of you who don't believe me, I'm 3 feet away from a mac and working on a video in FCP 4 and on my PC in premier, and I like FCP4 more

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

isnt the newer premier pro supposed to be about ten times more bad ass than other editions of premier? like as good if not better than fcp?

i dont know. anyways, yeah, final cut pro is amazing. if you have a mac- get it.

4. Cole

Cole New Member

I'm using FCP 3 on my G5. Is FCP 4 a lot better? Thanks Tanner and Kevin.

5. Tanner

Tanner New Member

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

oh noes, a right click button!! it scares me!!!

7. Tanner

Tanner New Member

*looks at mouse on the mac, sees a 2 button mouse* Andrew, you are retarded

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

*looks at mouse on windoes, sees 5 button mouse and scroll*, tanner you are using a mac.

9. hophopsnap

hophopsnap New Member

im on a mac, 3 button mouse..
    1.left click
    2.right click
    3.scroll click
    and a scroll lol..
    use imove it is simple to use :cool:

10. WhiteRavenKS

imovie is fine for a lot of stuff but it sucks if you want to get tricky. its as weak as an 8 year old when it comes to doing anything remotely advanced.

11. oicdn

oicdn Look at my member...

Alot of my friends use Adobe Premier for thier PC..Pretty user friendly and also has some nice features.

One of my friends favorites when he's NOT using his Mac's FCP 4 is Avid Xpress DV. It looks pretty involved but alot of the movies he's made are pretty nice. I've played around with both Adobe and FCP 4 but he says the Avid Xpress DV has a steep learning curve if you've never used it, but has some AWESOME features....

But from what I've experianced, I'de go with Adobe Premier. It's pretty user friendly and has ALOT of nice features and can produce some pretty crucial effects.....Not as Pricey as the others either, Premier Pro $250, Avid Express DV $700, FCP 4$700....you can find Premier on kazaa :bigthumb: if you try hard enough, LOL.

12. hophopsnap

hophopsnap New Member

who said they wanted it advanced? you can make good movies with imovie, you can have scrolling credits, different fade in and fade outs, you can make a real nice vid with them, and it wont be in .wmv so just that makes it hella better :bigthumb:

13. hophopsnap

hophopsnap New Member

and no I dont want to hear the whole list of things that other crap can do, I dont care

14. WhiteRavenKS

hahaha, you said 'hella'... respect.... way down. :wuteva:

what have all my recent movies been made with? imovie. is that why they suck? for the most part- yes.

15. Tanner

Tanner New Member

a little off topic, but, kevin, get on AIM, I NEED to talk to you