Rodney Mullen kicks ass

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by OTAdmin, Nov 23, 2003.

1. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

2. Elan

Elan steve french

yes, mullen is fuckign sick, get the video by 411vm "mullen vs. dae won song" if you can, it is the sickest.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

tony hawk is such a fag. mullen should have his fame.

4. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

No shit! Mullen was the reason I started skating and the reason I quit.
    It brings back fond memories of my roots in flatland freestyle.Maybe I'll start again.Naaah!

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

i bought a skateboard 3 weeks ago... it's the hardest sport ever.

that was an awesome video minus the music. he is amazing.

6. isodope

isodope New Member

Oath, i bought a skateboard a couple of yrs ago.. never got into it enough to even ollie.
    Watched rodney mullen and i just had to start skating again, now i can ollie, took like 3 days to learn, i can go about 30/40cm hi and have been skating again for like 2 weeks now

gtg, learn how to do some more kewl stuff on maah dek ;)

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

if you dig skate videos- Girl Skateboards "Yeah Right", Habitat's "Mosaic" and Emerica's "This Is Skateboarding" are probably the best videos you can find. go get them. even if you dont skate.

honorable mention- Zero video "Dying to Live", Flip video "Really Sorry" (dvd also has sorry on it) and the best shop video i have seen, "PJ Ladd's Wonderful Horrible Life" are all worth owning- after you buy the first three i mentioned.

i havent watched a mtn bike movie in ages except for trials stuff. we have an aweful lot to learn from skate movies...

8. Elan

Elan steve french

i cant believe nobody watches "mullen vs. dae won song".

anyways, graverobber.

9. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr New Member

holy shit, that video was awesome. he has some serious skills, those manuals and flip tricks were crazy!! thanks for posting

10. oicdn

oicdn Look at my member...

That's the Opinion segment....his BEST footage. Completely destroys Mullen vs. Daewon. Daewon ain't even in the same league....

He's the reason I started skating back in the mid 90's....I was learning flatland alot, and it's what broke my ankle :down:

If you wanna see some of my friends that I skated with check this site out:
    http://www.flatlineskateboards.com/

I went to high school with Joey Corey, and skated with all of those guys....alot of them are going big, it's nice to see some locals RIP.....thier intro video is pretty sick, actually all the vids on there are pretty sick.....

Damn, I didn't know people skated on this forum....sick!

11. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

Rodney Mullen sux.... i can do all that stuff easily in Tony Hawk Underground. i could do all of that in one trick.

im not impressed....

12. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

13. oicdn

The scary thing about him though, is the moves you do in THPS, he can do in real-life :eek3:

He's my hero.....

14. uownme

you're my hero :greddy2:

15. oicdn

16. uownme

lol just busting your chops man

17. Justr1ght

Justr1ght New Member

Well U all got to relize that he maid up all those moves...
    I don't think in that video he did any moves that where not completely maid up by him....
    No other skater could have a video even 30 seconds long with all original moves like mullen...
    He is the best by far...
    But with out tony hawk skate boarding would not be near as sold out..
    and all those yuppys would not be out killing them selfs off..
    So really tony hawk is providing a service of sorts...
    extermanator... So we all should thank him.. well all of us but the welthy...
    Eric aka...Red

18. oicdn

Tony Hawk is much like Kelly Slater in that he's the one that commercialized the sport. Without Hawk, the sport would be ALOT smaller and less commercial than it is now.

Mullen is DEFINITLY the godfather of skating...Check out the list of tricks he INVENTED. People start skating to learn the tricks he invented, and he was even pulling some tricks back in the 80's that people still can't do today. Some of the tricks people can barely do on vert, let alone on the street (fingerflip airwalk for example). Some of those tricks, only HE can do, let alone the fact he can link them together makes it all the more unreal....unreal in ADDITION to the fact he candothe same switch AND/OR fakie....he's unhuman!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    KickFlip Underflip

[​IMG]
    Casper slide

[​IMG]
    As "simple" as either of the two tricks are (crooked grind to Varial Kickflip) there is hardly ANYBODY who can pull that off!

[​IMG]
    mmmm....Darkslide.....

He's the reason I learned to skate. He's also the reason I broke my ankle 3 times in the same spot :rofl:

19. Elan

Elan steve french

any thing of mullen's "primo" shit is insane.. i.e. primo slide, CRAZZZYYY!@!!

20. oicdn

Oh, no doubt...I don't think there is another skater who can do primo slides. I know in a recent 411 vid, he did a Manual Primo slide, a primo, but either the front or rear of the board was up, like a manual.... things that make you go :wtf: and the fact he did some of them switch AND fakie makes it even worse....unreal...unreal....

I guess having a Ph. D in physics helped a little eh? Anybody watch his ground Up Video from On Skateboarding...LOL, he was pro by 12 or 13...world champ before he was legal to drive...had his spots in Parades, etc. The bet with his dad if he ever got hurt, he would give up skating forever....so that means in his ENTIRE CAREER, he's never had even a sprained ankle doing all the flatland he does.... :bowdown: :bowdown: