Random stuff...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Little Android Man, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

I rode my first bit of natural today. I must say I have the utmost respect for all you guys riding it so well. It was the most fun I've had on a bike but its so friggin hard! I kept getting hung up on my frame though, maybe once I get a smaller one it will be a bit easier...but does a longer frame make natural easier?
    Another question..it may sound stupid..but what do you do for a tube on the rear of a mod? I cant seem to find tubes for 19" rims or do you just use a 20"?
    And does a HotS 2.2 work ok for a rear? I was hoping to get a booster and tire from the same shop instead of having to order from different places, and both places I found a 4 bolt doesnt carry 24.1's
    I cant seem to remember the rest of the things i had to say..but heres a start.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Use 20"... hots 2.2 will be too floppy for most people, basically anyone.

Thats COMPLETE bullshit about the 24.1, if they have ANY major order company (seattle bike, QBP, BTI) they can get them. If they can get hot s, they can get the other.

Just go to www.webcyclery.com , tell them what you need and wait 3 days and you got it.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

2.2 hot s is a really bad decision for the rear. longer frames make natural a bit easier i would have to say, mainly because you can wedge and stradle much bigger things, which takes less effort than having to hop a short bike over all of that...

4. Little Android Man

I just browsed through the webcyclery page and didnt see the 24.1's....
    but how does the valve reach through the rim?(on a mod) is the tire thicker so it pushes down or..i dunno.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

a tube wont push teh tire out of the rim..it fits..i have used 21" tubes in my 19" rear rim on my mx bike...

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

1-888-759-2453

Call that number, tell them what you want, they will get you anything.

Just buy a normal bmx tube, the rubber stretches out to fit the mod tire. You do know that you can't get any tires except for try-all and monty/echos for the back right? Just confusing me with talking about the 24.1 and mods...

7. Little Android Man

haha yea i know the options for a mod tire, didnt mean to confuse you.
    Does it cost more for them to order in different parts or whatever? Just wondering...

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

No, if they don't have it in stock (and they probably will, if not they should have some maxxis coming in soon- well mine) it will just take a few days for them to actually get it in.

9. Little Android Man

sweet ill have to call tomorow. Does a 2.2 michelin work better in more urban than a 2.35 maxxis of any sort?

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

The michelin will last you longer :dunno:

I've run mich for a year, time to try a new deal....

11. Elan

Elan steve french

um...catch 22... i personally am a fan of michelin, and there are others who preferr maxxis... i dont really think there is much of a difference...
    i have no idea how the sidewall on a maxxis is though, and i have proof that michelin sidewalls are bombproof stuff.... i would have t osay michelin... i ride a 2.5 too, because i suck and am shloppy...

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Natty is hard, no doubt. Good luck. I'm just now gettin' into it.