palo alto/stanford

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by thisthingz, Nov 26, 2006.

1. thisthingz

thisthingz New Member

anyone near stanford/palo alto area?, whos willing to bike at stanford with a begginer? (sats, sunds)
    :) :) :)

2. jmkimmel

jmkimmel New Member

Yeah - I'm in the area - Los Altos actually. There are a couple of people around here - Ethan (KR7 i think is his handle) is on campus, and I'm freqently up there (went to school there, GF still goes there).

I'm down to ride, but more likely on weekday evenings - there are tons of spots on stanford campus to ride (especially for beginners) that are well-lit at night.

Kevin - interested in tuesday at stanford instead of serra park (assuming it's not dumping rain)?

3. darkside

darkside New Member

No go for this week due to the knee. Next week potentially though.

4. thisthingz

thisthingz New Member

ah sounds great, ive met ethan around a couple times, im in los altos as well

5. digby

digby New Member

not to jynx myself or anything, but I think I'm down for a tuesday ride at stanford.

6. azria

azria New Member

When/where are you guys planning to meet on Tuesday?

I'm at school here and just got a bike/started riding in January and have been looking for people to ride with (just found this site/thread). I've learned how to bunnyhop, backhop, pedalkick, working on sidehop, and would love to ride with some real trials riders.

7. digby

digby New Member

yep, jynx'ed myself. forgot I had dinner plans.

at least I'm predicatable.

8. jmkimmel

jmkimmel New Member

How about a week from today then? I'll go ahead and pencil that into my blackberry....

9. digby

digby New Member

I would like to see you pencil that into a blackberrry.

Next tuesday sounds good. I will re-schedule accordingly.

10. thisthingz

thisthingz New Member

tuesday december 5th sound good? at stanford? id be able to attend, and looks like a bit of people can as well

11. aka Mr Floyd

aka Mr Floyd New Member

What, are you guys organizing rides on CB radios now?

12. jmkimmel

jmkimmel New Member

breaker, breaker. This is squirrel to base. I repeat: this is squirrel to base.

You started hitting the laughing gas while you're on break yet?

13. thisthingz

thisthingz New Member

anyone up for anything tomorrow/sunday?
    ill be at stanford most likely =) give me a call 7141708 if anyone wants to go (im a begginer so dont expect much if u come :hsugh: )

14. jmkimmel

jmkimmel New Member

Riding funny bike without seats at Stanford tomorrow night? How abouts 6:30 at the oval?

15. breakoutstout

breakoutstout New Member

i'll come out there and ride with you on a weekend, post up if you wanna ride on this comming weekend !

16. darkside

darkside New Member

I want to go, but I don't think my knee is going to let me. Still pretty swollen at the kneecap, so I can't bend it enough to pedal.

17. thisthingz

thisthingz New Member

yess 6;30 at oval sounds good. i will be there around like 2;30ish to probably 3;30ish at the bike shop working on my bike. putting my chain tensioner on and switching out some cogs

18. azria

azria New Member

I'll be there with my beginning skills on my not-really-trials bike (35 pounds of XC hardtail complete with oversized seat).

19. jmkimmel

jmkimmel New Member

just thought I'd confirm - remembered to put my bike in the car on the way to work this morning, so I'm in. 6:30 it is.

Alex - you work 5 minutes from the oval; you have no excuse for not getting to work just a wee bit early and taking off at 6:25. Since Kevin's not coming (with a valid excuse), he's not going to call you out - so it becomes my job :)

thisthingz - I rode stanford as a beginner for years - if you want to know good spots to ride before I show up, PM me.

20. digby

digby New Member

I also remembered to bring my bike to work today.

I'll see you guys at 6:30.