painting my bike

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Elan, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Elan

Elan steve french

does anybody have experience painting their frame? i want to go the cheap way via rattle can. but does it work well for a frame? longetivity?

i have a zoo, it is raw aluminum, and i want to paint it flat black, and have lettering from teh aluminum.. im thinking of painting over sticker-letters, then peeling them off after the painting is finished. hows that sound? :?

thanks - elan

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

sounds like powder coat kicks ass. :D

3. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

if you dissasemble the bike and bring it to Denver I'll help you do it. We have a paint room at my school. I am pretty damn good at spray painting if i do say so myself.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

i was going to have to take it all apart any ways...and i like the way your fork looks.. just painted my for gloss black because im bored.

powder caoting doesnt sounds good for my trials skills.. if i fuck up an expensive paint job, i will be very un please and then i will throw my bike ,then i will proibably be DQ'ed..HAHA. any who.. i might take you up on that dolphin.. we'll see how the riding goes, and when it looks like the season is stale, i ll start taking it apart.

5. WhiteRavenKS

just j'in homes. powdre coating can be done for not that much money though. spectrum can do a frame for under a hundred and some guy i worked with took it to some place like denver bumpers and got his frame done for like 40 bucks. anyhoot- if dolphin does it as well as his fork it should turn out plenty nice like :bigthumb:

6. Elan

Elan steve french

too bad your on the front page, now everybody knows htat you dont really have a mullet :eek:wned:

haha :D

7. Fast Fashion

powder coating is nice, but $10 in paint and $5 for brake cleaner is cheaper by a long shot. If it's just gonna get scratched anyway, i would go for paint... it will look good :D

8. WhiteRavenKS

did anyone really think that was me? paint work good, gravy taste good.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I had my crescent powder coated, it was tasty.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

meh. i dont know.. im going to have it painted.. :Wavey:

11. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I used outdoor patio furniture paint for a nice durable matte finish.I baked it in my oven ,likely causing irreperable brain damage and a nausiating
    smell much like that of kim chee, that horrible Korean picled cabbage shit.

12. Fast Fashion

do not! i reapeat do not use this paint! this is the worst paint you could ever use on anything. A nice prepped paint job will last 100000000x longer and not look like shit.