OTN Dayz East '10 -Planning Thread-

Discussion in 'Competitions Forum' started by darkside, Jan 20, 2010.

1. August 6-8

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. August 20-22

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. September 11-13

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. I'm a bitch and won't show regardless

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. darkside

darkside New Member

Never too soon to start planning!

Crankworx/Trialsworx is August 14.
    World Champs (in Canada) is August 30 - Sep 5.

OTN Dayz East is...

before crankworx on Aug 6,7,8?
    between crankworx and the champs on Aug 20,21,22?
    after champs on Sep 11,12,13?

Other? Please keep in mind that earlier = hotter weather and later = school conflicts for the college kids.

My preference is for 20-22

2. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

I can make it anytime really... I just need some notice. I hope it's as epic as last year... madfish is calling

3. firewrx612

firewrx612 murmaider

What about 27th-29th? Where in Canadia are the WC?

4. darkside

darkside New Member

Mont St. Anne. I figured I would give some breathing room before that since it will be one of the biggest trials comps that north america has seen in a long time.

But I could make 27-29 too if no one cares.

5. firewrx612

firewrx612 murmaider

Mt St Anne isn't that far of a drive if I remember correctly from high school ski trips, might be convenient for people if they can get the time off :dunno:

Edit: Ok, about 7 hours. Not that close, but on the east coast at least.

6. Abbwoman

Abbwoman Mayor of Fold City

On the note of Champs, is anyone on the east coast planning on driving up? Might be interested to get a carpool trip going.

Edit: Champs has to be on the first week of college courses doesn't it. :eyeroll:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  7. perkins

perkins New Member

I think the 20-22 would be good... before the labor day, before school starts, before the World Champs, and... I'll be there at any point, but that would be the best with work and getting time off.

8. Boots

Boots Scorekeeper.

Shit.. I dunno. I'm trying to throw up in another bar on the East Coast for sure though.

9. firewrx612

firewrx612 murmaider

There's plenty more where that came from.

10. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

rofl

Dont think i'll be able to make it two years in a row.

11. Boots

Boots Scorekeeper.

Then I'm not coming! <sadwavey>

edit: As long as Jon Bott doesn't buy me shots after Guinness at last call I'll come back.

12. Gilman

Gilman Blind Guy

I don't know if I could make it. I need to see if I can get a ride up there. The wife will not be able to go this year.

The earlier the better for me though.

13. Where is it??? That info would really help me figure out if I can make it!

14. Abbwoman

Abbwoman Mayor of Fold City

OTN days east is usually in or around Boston and Rockport, MA.

15. ateam

ateam Old Man, Poser, Newbie, "Huba Huba"

I would love to bring my son, fly in with our bikes in our bag, rent a car and shred it with you guys. Do they have a fat ass old man class? Doesn't matter, I would love to come. I would also like to host an OTN SW evnt at San Yisdro in New Mexico, like Moab but a private NMtrials association BLM land about 45 minutes from Albuquerque NM. Maybe not this year, but we have the most killer slick rock terrain, locked gate, no cops, no hassles, no worries.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  16. perkins

perkins New Member

You should come out with your son, for sure. Don't worry about the fat old man class... we just all hang out and have fun. It's just a relaxing and laid back event. By far the best event that I have ever been to... your son would enjoy Boston, and the Rockport area is really nice, too. There are some cheap areas to stay in just north of the city (Danvers, Salem, etc.), but you can just take the train into the city and it's easy to drive up to Rockport.

17. ateam

Book it Dano, we are in. We are going to TCC for youth (moto trials) nationals on July 4th week and bike camp after that; and then to Las Vegas NM for the western youth national. The timing is good for us and he will be my designated driver. As soon as you have the date set, let me know and I'll book our flights. I can hardly wait. He will be in college soon and chasing tang, so we want to do all we can now. Huba huba!

18. TrialsinKy

TrialsinKy New Member

I'll see you at TTC then. Driving to Boston isn't in the budget for me this year though, unless someone halfway has some extra room in the car.......

19. ateam

TTC hell yea. I will make you the best margarita you have ever had. We are colonels yea. Looking forward to kickin it with you. You can teach me a few moves ok?

20. Giant1118

Giant1118 DanB

Never too early...

Im in no matter what the date but think the aug. 20th weekend would be ideal

Canaduh CHECK!