New Frame?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by daveN, Sep 20, 2003.

1. daveN

daveN New Member

I've been riding my Planet X for a little over a year now and I am ready for a new ride. I not a fan of echo's and not really into the Koxx frames. Partly because they are a little too much money. So my question is does anyone have any good ideas for a frame with more comp style geometry but still able to ride street with and not suffer too much.

Thanks

Dave

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i hate to say it but zoo is actually a really good option :eek3: the new boa has some sound gemetry and its cheap. im not a fan of the no seat-maggie/seat-vees business but it could be a good option to go for. the pirhanna was actually a really decent frame, especially for the money and it looks like the boa will continue that. (plug- or desalvo! they are nice)

3. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

man you should get the Tryall Frame.......uhhhh just kidding, no such dice made. Be a brave man and be one of the first Coloradoans to ride a Woodman. They're inexpensive and look like they have decsent geo. Or if you really want to be a tightarse, just go for an XTP. They're practically giving those things away..... :D

4. daveN

daveN New Member

I am leaning towards the woodman or desalvo, but the price of the woodman is extremely appealing.

5. WhiteRavenKS

Echo are made right down the work bench from the koxx frames... :eek3: shhh... ancient chinese secret. anyways, echo has been getting considerably better over the past year or so. something to consider i guess.

6. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

you have to wonder.....I think all the master crafters work on the Koxx's and all the apprentices work on the echos. Probably not, but it makes you wonder.

7. Yoda

Yoda They see me rollin'

Yeah that's funny and probably true.

I've been looking around for a new frame myself. Being 6'4", a Koxx frame seems like it would work for me. I think an Echo would crumble under my weight.

8. WhiteRavenKS

seems to me that koxx simply has better quality control than echo/zoo. i really cant say much though since i dont know how to weld or anything but i havent heard of a koxx having messed up hub spacing (128 instead of 135) where i have seen two echos with that. seems to me that maybe koxx says "take this crap back" where echo/zoo says "we can sell it!"

i have seen a marked improvement in the quality of the echo's lately though. all the new ones i have seen seem to be a big step up from ones of the past.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

The koxx has better quality control and an extra pound in metal to make sure it doesn't break on you.

10. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

Go for the woodman. It's like a crescent, but blacker and longer.

11. daveN

daveN New Member

Well I ordered a Woodman T-Pro frame. I will hopefully get it one tuesday. I still have a few parts to round up for it but I will post some pics as soon as i get it put together.

Dave

12. De_Nada

De_Nada Member

u should try an inspired i here there sik

13. curly_freak

curly_freak New Member

This has to be a record right?!

14. Gareth

Gareth Member

4941 days - thats 13 years, 6 months and 11 days between two posts

Damn.

15. wvtrials