New Desalvo Trials Bike

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Faction Bike, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

Hey all, I was talking with Mike Desalvo today and he was knocking around the idea of a limited custom production run on the new trials frame he's developed. This is of course if the demand is sufficient enough. Basically all the details are preliminary right now but if you are interested in this frame or you are curious about specs and other info, email me at the address below. Take care and have a good ride.

Graham

graham@tryallamerica.com

2. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

nobody out there is interested? what's up with that? :dunno:

3. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx New Member

Interested? Yeah... a bit.

Any chance of actually having the $$ to buy one (let alone any other frame) anytime soon... yeah, right. Besides, I just spent enough to get my current bike going again. ;)

4. daveN

daveN New Member

what is the cost going to be?

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

word on the streets is 750 with bb included.

also i guess these bb shells are threaded super deep. if you have a bb with non-lipped cups you cna thread a 73mm one into it if the spindle is 128mm and it will work.

6. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

damn, if i had a job i would be diving on that.

7. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I don't know if I'd buy one or not. I'm relatively new and have a PX Zebdi. If I change out frames, I'm almost partial to the Koxx. If Kevin would just sell me his XTP....

I'll prolly wait and see how the guys around here like them / prove them out.

8. warpig

warpig New Member

I'm interested, go check your email...................

9. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

If I weren't building my own jallopy I would be very interested, and
    encourage anyone who can to snatch up this good deal.
    An american built frame ,up to the minute best geometry,better weight than an LB, great tubeset, and the industys best paint,if thats included.

My meaningless endorsement goes here .Buy one....Buy two!

10. bigd

bigd I Have a

ive been doing a lot of thinking about this, and i thiink i'd like to shoot for one. I love my curtis, but i've always felt a bit cramped on it. it has a 74deg head angle, i was expecting a 72.. anyways, being 6"1 i would feel much more comfortable on a longer wheelbase and a slightly slacker headtube. i'm stuck on steel, so this may be my ticket. I'll need to find a buyer for my curtis, so unless that doesn't happen i'm very interested. i'll send an email asap.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

ok, i hopped on kevin's yesterday for like 40 seconds..sign me up Graham...!!!

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I can say the paint looks less gay irl

13. Elan

Elan steve french

at least it doesnt have gay french stickers......

14. warpig

warpig New Member

Yeah, it just has the name of the Boston Strangler on it. No big deal...........