New Desalvo Trials Bike

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Faction Bike, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

Hey all, I was talking with Mike Desalvo today and he was knocking around the idea of a limited custom production run on the new trials frame he's developed. This is of course if the demand is sufficient enough. Basically all the details are preliminary right now but if you are interested in this frame or you are curious about specs and other info, email me at the address below. Take care and have a good ride.

Graham

graham@tryallamerica.com

2. seattletrials

seattletrials New Member

I'm getting one! its going out to paint begining of next week! boo ya! full king set up. with drilled dx32's should be pretty sick. I can't wait!

3. Elan

Elan steve french

i would just like to say that this is an excellent bike. for those of you who arent aware, this frame is a steel copy of the 2002/03 koxx XTPs, so it is using proven geometry. These frames ride VERY well, and are also built very well.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

damn straight

5. Elan

Elan steve french

i think mike was selling hte one-offs for like $750. if he makes a production run, they could be significantly less. graham will say.

edit: that includes a FSA isis BB too. he includes them because the bike is made with a 100mm BB shell.

6. bigd

bigd I Have a

i believe they are all going to be $750 with paint. the powder coating is extra $. i think there might only be a very slight chance of the price dropping only if he makes a crapload of them. like more than a few dozen, and all at once. si i wouldn'e expect it. even so, 750 is a great price because the frame is unbelieveably high quality. i have one with the powder coat and its incredible, ride quality, weld quality, craftsmanship, blah blah.. tits in my face.

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

its an 85mm bb shell. just fyi.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

oh yea. darf. well anyways. it comes with a $80 BB.