Moving to Van??

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Stikman, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Stikman

Stikman New Member

So I am looking at moving over to Canada for a spell next year, and I have seen some work advertised in Abbotsford.
    Can anyone tell me how far away that is from Vancouver?
    I have a mate moving over there, and am thinking about meeting up with him.

Cheers guys :Wavey:

2. CordyBoy

CordyBoy Member

Google maps can.

3. Stikman

Stikman New Member

Haha, duh!

Just looked on there too. :greddy:

4. lucky13

lucky13 Adapt, evolve, survive.

Not bad,..

pretty close to Ioco

5. Matt101

Matt101 New Member

Abby is about a 2 hourish drive from Coquitlam? Which is where I live and where the local pros live aswell. (Jeff, Ryan, Steve, etc)

6. jda

jda New Member

Hey Mike, I lived in North Van back in 02/03 for 6 months, its a great city and I really enjoyed my time there. Main reason for living in North Van was the mtb trails, I had a place just below where a lot of the North Shores finest trails come out on Mt Fromme.

JD.

7. lucky13

?!?!?!

What, on bicycle?

51.1 km – about 42 mins

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=7373752554384206827,49.284850,-122.779250&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=Abbotsford&daddr=49.285276,-122.78183&sll=49.238224,-122.820969&sspn=0.222367,0.462799&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1"]PROOF[/ame]

8. Stikman

Stikman New Member

Cheers guys.

Not sure if I will be out that way yet, seen some better jobs at the South Van airport (I think that's it?)

Basically my mate and his gf are moving over in Jan, and as my visa expires here mid next year I'm starting to think about my options. I really want to head to Norway if I can, but as I am heading over to visit Zak in Cali sometime in April, it makes sense to hang around and check your place out. :)

Yeah Joel, I really want to rock the shore too if I can. Are you ever home? You always seem to be travelling! ;)

9. lucky13

Ha,..

Home right now,. broke from traveling. Ask Zak ;) I'll be out and about in the crappy car I shouldn't have bought soon. Maybe on an ashton once I've paid it off.

10. Stikman

Stikman New Member

Haha, I meant the other Joel, JD!

But now you mention it, it does seem like you are away a lot. ;)

So you got the Ashton off Zak. You should bring it down to Keyesville next year. :wavey:

11. DangerousDave

DangerousDave New Member

umm distance doesn't really matter. It comes down to having to cross bridges. I'd say its usually about an hour or more to Abbotsford. Haven't heard good things about riding there though. Tricities is a good spot. Fairly central location.

1 person likes this.
  12. jda

jda New Member

yeah Mike I usually go overseas every year around July/August but I'm usually around home the rest of the year.

13. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

I live in richmond
    and abby is like 40 minutes or less from my house. Where abouts in Van?

1 person likes this.
  14. Stikman

Stikman New Member

Not sure. Been thinking about wrenching if I can find a shop who needs my skillzz. I don't know, guess I should just get my ass over there and then try find something. Being on the bones of your ass is a good motivator.

15. lucky13

If I could get a canadian work/school visa I'd consider it.

16. Stikman

Stikman New Member

Can you not?

Gonna get onto mine next week I think.
    Do you guys have HSBC banks over there??
    Where would be the best place to live in BC for good access to trails up Fromme et al and trialsingz??

17. lucky13

Dude, I'm not even Canadian and I know they have the HSBC mafia there.

I've never tried actually. If I took the proper channels and made some more friends there/place to work I'm sure it wouldn't be too tough.

I'll keep concentrating on school here and when I have something to show for it I'll see what's possible. Stay in touch.

18. Stikman

Stikman New Member

Fo shuuuure!

I'm looking forward to shredding some BC trails, it's been my biking wet dream since I got into riding!

19. Damn Canadian

Damn Canadian Not very sexy

It's a shame when someone from over seas gets a visa in 2 to 6 weeks to come to Canada when a Canadian take 6 months to get to hear the snap from a rubber glove on a border guard. It is easier for a Mexican to get a green card than it is for a Canadian to move to the US.

Oh ya, welcome to Canada. You are going to love BC.

20. Stikman

Stikman New Member

I'm not there yet AFB, but soon hopefully.

Where do you reside mofo??