messed up my gay marta

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by uownme, Feb 16, 2004.

1. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Today while I was trying to make the lever tighter, I untightened the bleed allen screw on the caliper (but did not squeeze the lever) and then tightened it right back up after. I couldnt not find out how to make the lever tighter so I just put the wheel back on. When I went to squeeze the lever i had no pressure at all? The wheel will only lock up whenn the lever is all the way to the bar. What the hell did I do? Do I just re-bleed the damned thing? And how do you make the lever has less pull?

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

hahaha, that'll teach you to run a magura :rofl: just joking but seriously- just because you didnt see any oil come out doesnt mean that no air got in...
    step one- rebleed it to make it feel like less dumpy-poo.
    step two- take brake off bike
    step three- throw in trash.

or the real solution-
    rebleed.

in order to get the lever to have less throw you will pretty much have to adjust the reach ont he blade. you can take the wheel out and squeeze the lever a little bit with out the rotor in the caliper and it will self adjust the pads out a little but that will likley go away after a few brake cycles with the rotor back in. some companies havent seen the light yet.

3. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx New Member

Some did and went back to the darkness.

I've got an old Magura Louise, single piston, manual adjustment at each pad. Been working great, with all the adjustments I need. Reach adjustment at the lever too.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

damn shame they still dont make that model... it sucked the least of any poogura ever.

5. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I have realized that the brake wasnt worth the $180...I hate rebleeding brakes...................

6. bigd

bigd I Have a

i ran the marta with an SL rotor, STILL one of hte best feeling front brakes I'd ever used...

BUT... it took me 4 levers and 2 calipers to convince me to go mechanical. I haven't looked back.