I will pay for trials lessons!

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by ascentrek, Dec 16, 2003.

1. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I am relatively new to trials riding. I can get up on a rear wheel, track stand and drink a beer (At the same time). But thats about it.

I've inquired before about clinics and lessons. I don't mind learning from groups of riders. However, I hate constantly asking someone I barely know about proper technique when they're trying to ride and have a good time. sooo... I'm proposing this....

If anyone wants to make some money, and they're relatively good at trials, I'm willing to pay. I sometimes don't have the ability to hook up with people all the time, so this way I can learn from someone one on one as a captive instructor.

If you're interested in riding, making some cash, and live in the colorado area, let me know. (hell, anyone from Kevin's video (Paradise found) would be good).

Please respond to this forum. I may have others that are interested in learning as well.

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

holy cripes- dont pay someone... i hate to turn down money but... no need to pay. keep your money for the parts you will undoubtedly be wanting...

group rides are the best way to learn. i encourage you to bother a better rider. make them show you what to do or how you can get better technique. if they arent willing to help you then chances are they arent a person you will want to be around anyways. the trials community is probably the best cycling discipline when it comes to helping out other riders. its not like road or xc racing where everyone hates each other. dont feel like you are being a pest by asking someone for help- be active in making sure when you see somethign new you get it explained to you.

i assume you are from the denver area? if so just come out on as many group rides as possible (kind of few and far between right now, lousy weather) and ask away. Cats indoor sessions in boulder on wednesday nights (see the post at the top of the co forum) are also great times to learn.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Seriously- if you ever go on a group ride just let us know you are interested in learning, let us know who you are and we can give you some special attention if you need it.

This is trials :) People don't make money, and people are nice- so you are in luck!

Keep visiting this forum, SOME people post when they are having group rides.

4. ascentrek

Kevin,
    I'm the guy from the DTC. We've traded a few emails recently. The deal is, it is very difficult to make all, or even some of the group rides. I think I've only done one.
    I also don't mind asking for help during group rides. However most of my riding is by myself or with one other rider. I don't need to save the money for parts. Buying parts and bikes aren't that difficult (I'm not in college anymore). I don't want to sound like a money flashing pompass ass, but I would pay for the 'inconvenience' to match my schedule to show me a few tricks. I don't mind helping out a fellow rider with needs to buy better components by paying them for their IP, or in this case, knowledge of trials riding.
    Are you interested? IF you're interested in doing some free stuff (or just riding), I'm up for that as well. I work in the DTC and live in Golden.

I'd pay for the 'lesson' and then we can ride after that. I'm pretty easy going.

5. WhiteRavenKS

haha, well no worries about the having money- props if you do! most trials riders seem to occasionally have to make the "new tires vs. food for the week" choice.

you ride at g. wallace park with jack right? if so i wouldnt mind coming down there durring an off period to give some tips every so often... maybe even free of charge...

6. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Shit, Mike Clark and I drove from Colorado Springs to Glenwoond Springs to teach a couple of 12 year olds how to ride. FOR FREE. We'll definitly work on matching schedules and finding time to meet somewhere. If you can ever make it to Colorado Springs, especially on Sunday afternoons or Wednesday evenings, then we can hook up for sure. Other wise, let me know what works for you. If you must pay for it to feel good about the deal, buy us lunch/dinner or whatever.

We take teaching beginers pretty seriously, this is such a small sport. The more riders there are, the better the competitions will be and therefore the more competitive the North American scene will become. It all works out in the end.

Pancho

7. ascentrek

Okay, sounds like I've got some people signed up...

Dinner is on me (if you're a beer drinker, I'll buy that too).

Kevin,
    I'll be riding Wallace Park tomorrow (Thursday) from 11 to 12:30 or so. Anyone interested come on by (I'll let you know directions if you need them).

Pancho,
    Come on up! I'd pay for a lunch/dinner if I can get some undivided attention for a little while on riding. I'll be around for the holidays, I could meet you in the Denver Tech Center (half way for both of us).

8. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Sounds good to me, what exactly are the holidays for you? I'm free pretty much from this Saturday through Wednesday. Are you going to be at this group ride Saturday?

9. ascentrek

Where is the group ride on Saturday?

My Holidays are next week. I'm in Software Sales, so my hours are flexible. Next week I have no client meetings and plan to be bored. I could come down there, or we could meet up here. I'm free man, just free. Let me know what the gig is on Saturday.

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

AM...or PM...?

Are you available friday during the day? I'll be willing to ride somewhere...no where south of d-town.

11. ty

ty shizzle dizzle

im no pro like andrew or kevin or pancho but i am willing to ride with you some time and give you some pointers, im not a great rider but i can do the basic moves. ill be in golden for about the next month, pm me if you are intrested and ill get you my phone #

12. WhiteRavenKS

sorry i missed you guys today- i had quite the hectic time trying to get my physics project to work. it paid off though staying in to work on it- my lab group ended up taking first, thus saving my grade! i will catch up with you guys there soon though- will you be riding next week there any time?

13. Morryjg

Morryjg New Member

Taylor may. I won't be 'cause I'll be at Crusty Butte trying to remember how to telemark. :bigthumb:

14. Pancho

Pancho New Member

OMG hahaha. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.... If I competed in beginer, I don't think anybody would consider it sandbagging....

15. WhiteRavenKS

im not exactly pro either... certainly not yet.

pancho- sometimes i dont know how but you always get stuff done when you're riding...