I need a new bike, have any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by P3-boy, Oct 21, 2003.

1. P3-boy

P3-boy New Member

:? simply put :?

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

How about more info on yourself, like height, weight, terrain preference, and anything else that would matter

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

buy my planet x frame.

well, yeah what matt siad, we would need more than "i need a new bike" to give a good suggestion. other than buy my px frame of course

4. P3-boy

P3-boy New Member

Well I want a bike that i can go on longer hauls with, so i'll go stock i like tire pressure as low as it'll go without going flat, and im 15 and fairly short :hs:

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

get a Koxx cheat code. it's a great starter bike that will get you ready for longer geometry... like the levelboss. if you don;t need a seat, get a levelboss. if you are short they make a 1040mm and 1065mm wheelbase.

here's the cheat code
    [​IMG]

6. adams02

adams02 New Member

7. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

the cheat code comes in 1065?

8. oicdn

oicdn Look at my member...

Or go all out and get the bike YOU WANT...so you don't have to upgrade...LOL, that's what I did...

9. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Oh how I love when people dig up old threads to repost them...

10. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Skip the cheap chode, the BB is dragging on the ground.

11. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

lol.. Why do cheap bikes have inferior geos? Is it cheaper to make the BB lower? Or the chainstays longer. One would think that shorter chainstays would be cheaper as the tubes don't have to be so long. :rolleyes:

P.S: Yes. I know they do it to make money. But still... :down:

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I spent a few months on a cheat code. Would rather ride that than a woodman...at least its manual-able.

13. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Well, I think it actually may be more to make shorter stays because of the yoke involved. To clear a big tire 1 or 2 cetimeters behind the BB shell, the yoke has to come WAY wide WAY quick. I know some bike companies can't do this at all, but maybe the real cost in short stays is the start up, so they can machine the yokes and what not... I dunno?

14. Elan

Elan steve french

cheap bieks have gay yokes, hence: Dremel tool + zoo= michelin 2.5 on an alex dx32