I bought a new motorcycle!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sambergstedt, Feb 11, 2013.

1. sambergstedt

sambergstedt www.trialspads.com

I know there are a bunch of motorcycle enjoyers/riders on OTN, so I figured I would share my latest bike news....
    As some of you know, I had a 2008 KTM Super Duke for a couple of years, I bought it brand new and put 17k miles on it. It was a completely amazing machine, but then I got the itch to travel farther and without boundaries, so it was time to trade it in.
    I called up the great people at Starr Cycle in Mankato, MN and told them what my plan was and that I was interested in finding a 990 Adventure, so they called around and found one at a different dealership and picked it up for me. I drove down on the day before Thanksgiving and made the swap and then made it back up to Minneapolis before it began snowing. From there I had to load it on a trailer and haul it the rest of the way to Duluth.
    I am now the proud owner of a 2012 Adventure! It now has only 150 miles on it, and spring can't come soon enough!
    Here are some pictures for your enjoyment :eek5:

Attached Files:

2. Asterngeisha

Asterngeisha NOW WITH MORE SODIUM! SWEET JESUS!

Holy shit thats sexy. Nicest 990 ive ever seen.

Spring? Dont be a bitch about. Get that tart muddied up and explore mericah!

3. Maverick_ZOO!

Maverick_ZOO! MartinPetren

Nice bike! That's my dream bike.. You should head over to www.advrider.com if you haven't done that yet! A few from here are members there as well.

4. hophopsnap

hophopsnap New Member

Damn, Dakar edition and everything. Awesome.

5. Mud

Mud New Member

Very nice! I like the color scheme.

6. ateam

ateam Old Man, Poser, Newbie, "Huba Huba"

If you buy a new 990 and you don't get laid in 24 hours, you have to give it back. It's true, look it up.

So when do you leave for Dakar?

7. sambergstedt

Thanks guys, it's definitely a bad @$$ machine! I love the colors also, along with the hand guards and crash bars. I want to ride it terribly bad, but we just got another foot of snow and there's an unreal amount of salt on the roads too... As soon as it melts and I can at least make it to the forest, it's go time!
    And as for the getting laid part, being my second 990, I can vouch for the sex appeal (just be warned that both genders get turned on by it)
    Feel free to ask any questions!
    On Advrider, I am KTMSAM :)

8. QueenofJest

QueenofJest New Member

Holy shit at first I thought you bought that as your first bike. lol. Excellent beast. Hope the snow clears up for you. We got 44cm here the other day. Made my day.

9. Battman

Battman New Member

Waaaaay to awesome man ..... My cousin is HUGE KTM guy .... had an '07 Super Duke, Duke 1, & previously a Super Enduro. Now owns a Duke 2, and bought his gf a Sherpa, and now he wants a 990 adv desperately! I traded in my Ninja for a new Triumph GT last spring! Loved the speed and agility, but likewise, wanted a bike that would handle long trips! Going down to Deals Gap with it this year!

Have fun man!!!

Spring, please arrive!

10. sambergstedt

Sounds like he has had a good batch of Austrian beauty, Battman! I'm a huge KTM fan (if it wasn't too obvious), but these aren't my first machines...
    1968 Honda CT90
    1994 Honda XR650L
    2003 Suzuki SV1000s
    2008 KTM Super Duke
    2012 KTM Adventure

11. Asterngeisha

I have a question. How much sex has riding ktms gotten you?:naughty:

Ten points for whoever knows what KTM stands for WITHOUT looking it up.

12. sambergstedt

I know what it stands for, but I will save it for the rest of the guys to see if they know... Clue: the first two letters are names, while the M is the city in which it originated and still remains.
    The Super Duke was responsible for 4 girls while I was single. The adventure hasn't had the chance yet, but now I have a feeling my girlfriend will be the only one haha

13. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

It stands for "keep to motocross" :hs:

I have heard it, can't remember.. Kofielfe Tonkenhause Motorhoffen is my retarded stab in the dark guess. I know it's all very Austrian sounding.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  14. Asterngeisha

So effing close. I give you... 4 points. Try again.:D

15. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

Four from ten. Must be closer than I thought :rofl:

16. Asterngeisha

And btw... fuck motocross. Ktm dominates real world manly shit. Baja, romaniacs, dakar, erzberg, basically any enduro where you can get lost and not be found until the wolfs or bears have started to eat your decaying carcass.

17. AnthonyRev3

AnthonyRev3 New Member

Ktm does not dominate baja. Ever heard of jcr?

18. Asterngeisha

Your missing the point I was trying to make.

19. treewizzard

treewizzard draquella is back!

ive never heard of jcr, they must be terrible!

20. AnthonyRev3

AnthonyRev3 New Member

Lol. Come on wizz....