how can i make maggies work? koxx bloxx? any other ideas?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Paulsf, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

So i've got hs-33's on the rear of my new bike(xtp), and it just aint happenin'. I've got a 4- bolt booster, light grind, and have tried plaz(no grip in dust) and monty milk(needs a heavy grind) pads. last weekend at fontana, these brakes caused many points and a nice bloody shin. Every thing is set up correctly, brakes have been bled, pads are hitting flat against the rim. Things were so bad, i had to resort to tar to finish the comp.

Any advice guys?

2. pav

pav New Member

a deep grind or else the grind is not even worth it man, a deep grind and some plaz pads and you will be fine, or koxx bloxx, monty milk pads wear too fast, but you need a deep grid other wise it is just not worth it.
    i run no booster on my zoo, plaz and a nice grind and i have no problems!

pav

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

I agree with pav, but just want to add that the koxx bloxx will perform very well with a deep grind, but if you can't get a deep grind your best bet is probably the plazmatic CRM pads. All will work best with a deep grind though.

4. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

Thanks guys. I guess its bi-weekly grinds and tar for dust until i get some bloxx.

5. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Paul, just out of curiosity, are you Paul Bray? The guy with the custom steel mod that was at nationals in Durango?

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Yes he is. Paul take a picture of your maggies without the tire on, but your wheel in there.

7. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

yo paul.....what's up with that. Drop me a line and I'll get you some Koxx bloxx. Are ya sure you're grinding the rim right? A four bolt booster on an XTP with a good grind could stop a train.

8. valiumlaw

valiumlaw New Member

I agree with doing a deep grind, and buying some Koxx BLoxx

9. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

Yeah i met a lot of you guys at the durango event. Good times :bigthumb:
    I can't wait to comeback to the CO.
    I just grinded the hell out out of my rim today before going for a natty ride in the rain, and it was a big improvement. I guess i just had to grind it harsher. I'll post some pics of the bike later this week( and the brake area sans tire)