hope mini

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sphinx, Jan 6, 2004.

1. sphinx

sphinx New Member

hellohello.

just bought a front hope mini and am having a problem. everytime i squeeze the levers, everything works fine but after letting go, the pistons dont retract fully and in the end i have this annoying drag problem. i've tried taking the pads out and manually pushing the pistons back in but everytime i use the brakes again the same problem reoccours

anyone could give me some help on this? thanks

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

if you are pushing the pistons all the way back in then thats one problem right there. when you push them all the way back in they are going to try to self adjust themselves the next few times you pull the lever. let them get situated and then use washers to fine to it up.

if that isnt the problem then you could have a small amount of air in the system, this would cause the pads to not really want to pull all the way back. factory bleeds are often times not that great. re-bleeding the brake to perfection should eliminate lazy pads.

3. sphinx

sphinx New Member

alright thanks

well i need to get the fork faced anyway... stupid echo forks =|

4. sphinx

sphinx New Member

oh and btw, does anyone know of any shops that will bleed hope brakes in victoria bc?

trials in snow and ice is awsome =]

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm sure many shops will be able to help out out....more knowledgable ppl about that aread, www.biketrials.ca

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

im pretty sure you dont have to bleed vee brakes. Get some.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

unless you get hydo-vees.

8. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

there is no such thing as hydro v brakes. hydro rim brakes, thats different all together. maguras on the front = gay.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm afraid you are wrong :)

A little before you're time perhaps...brisa, the gayest company alive, wanted the hydro vees to be #1 so they put them on their bikes. I think they were called star v-brakes?? Of course stefahn ran them, and said they were good...hahaaa.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

AHAHAHA.. OWN3D

11. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Haah, a brisa mod was on ebay with those front hydraulic Vbrakes

12. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

those starbike things. ew. i liked the online game thing they had. played it like 3 years ago.

13. durkie

durkie New Member

i thought that it was just cris that really liked the feel of them. what's wrong with them?

14. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I used some for a while, they worked OK on the front and the idea wasn't TOO bad but it was badly executed, I ran them on a mod. Adjusting spring tension required a 17mm cone spanner and a 5mm allen key.

www.starbike.de or www.wendler.de might still work

- Joel

OWNED hydro we will NEVER believe you again ! please still bring BT2 tonight :)

15. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

lol, ok. although i doubt they were actualy called vee brakes as V-Brake is a registed trade mark of shitmano. I do remeber seing shit about them but never saw a pic or anything. Either way i think ill have to get a new screen name as im fucked for life. PS Tart gave me a warning on trials forum. For nothing.

16. Elan

Elan steve french

hydroboy was warned? why

17. AndyT

AndyT New Member

If i could FUCKING GET VALIDATED for that fucking forum I'll show you some fireworks.

18. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i quoted tart and said he is right all the rest of you are dumbfcuks. i didnt pick on any single person.