Help me buy a DV camera!!

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by AndyT, Dec 14, 2003.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I don't care about size...Lets keep it around $500.

I need a good lens, infrared for night riding.
    Decent battery life.
    All video will be done for internet stuff.
    Don't care about taking stills...

Suggestions?

2. average mike

average mike New Member

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i would also suggest canon- for the money they have some of the better lenses out there. when you aren't throwing money at features you dont need and lenses that arent much better than what comes on the canon you can open up your budget for some wide angle goodies

4. Elan

Elan steve french

doode! cool!

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

Yeah canon makes good stuff. Sometimes a little pricey, but it's ussually worth it. All the film students at my school use sony's though.

on another note i am getting this for x-mas

[​IMG]

10x optical zoom with manual shutter. gonna be good for bike pics.

and i found a good digi cam site www.dpreview.com

6. ty

ty shizzle dizzle

i have a jvc camera with a fisheye lense, the night mode is gay, and worthless, i was also goign to get a cannon, they are awesome cameras, and a friend has the same a zr70 (he uses it for motorcycle vids) and it takes very good video

7. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

It looks like I may be getting a Canon DV around the holidays myself (ZR70mc). And I was wondering if it's safe to assume that the software that comes with cameras is good enough, or is just :greddy: Is there a DV editing software that any of you can recommend? (I'm running windows on an older P III.) Any help would be great! :bigthumb:

Ben.

8. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

9. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Trash your PC and get a Mac for video editing...

10. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

ummm... no not always. The software is available on both formats and it's pretty much personal preference. If mac's newest operating system didn't suck balls i would deffinately say go mac, but it sucks... so does windows though.

11. PaulG

PaulG Releasing the Kitties

well the mac OS is actually better now being totally *nix based unfortunatly it is still a hunk of junk that even windows can beat premier is more than adequate for bike vids and even if you where going to buy a new comp for it (which yoiu don't need to do) it would be like 1/4 the price for the same level

12. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Paul speaks the truth.

Andrew, what'd you end up getting?

13. Tanner

Tanner New Member

No, Final Cut Pro 4 is the BEST editing software I've used. Premier has nothing on FCP 4.