Heatsink 24UK...What are they like?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Cano29, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Cano29

Cano29 New Member

Hello again,
    I'm looking at getting another bike, second hand and stumbled across a brand called heatsink. It's a 24UK I think? Is that the right name? Does anyone have any information on the bikes, what their like and if the company is any good? Also what price range would be reasonable with decent quality components, seller wants around $1000?
    any input would be much appreciated,
    thanks a lot guys.

2. NateE

NateE wtflol

It's the closest thing to an Inspired in every way without being one. Geo is close, quality is top notch, and it's a great company. Just not as widespread because they're made in such small batches.

3. filotr14lsdude

filotr14lsdude bike part distroyer

I've had both the 4play and the uk24. Personally I would buy the 4play over the. Heatink,main reason after 3 months my Heatink broke at the top tube/seat tube junction. I never really rode it hard,I was disappointed after that hAppened. Got a 4play and it's still going now. Its Probly +3 years old now.

If the specs of the bike is good and you don't mind it potentially breaking jump on it,upgrade the frame when this one breaks

4. 1moreaccord

1moreaccord New Member

Came across this frame literally last month! Since I'm so new, I had never heard of it, but I think it's a sick looking bike!

I really wish they made a 26" with similar specs!! I would buy one!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they made a Mark II (MkII) version which featured a few reinforcements / different welds that really strengthened up the frame?

Either way - STILL WANT!

5. Cano29

Cano29 New Member

thanks everyone, I'll have to have a look into that mkII version. For 1000 I'd think I'd be better off waiting for an inspired to come along. Might take a little longer but would be worth it.
    thanks for the input.

6. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

From what I heard the 24UK geo is very good, comfy and fun, but the frame itself is prone to cracking.

Also, I <3 my inspired

7. Muerto

Muerto Scandinavian Trials

No correction needed. The Mark 2 is a revised version due to the cracking ones.

8. Cano29

Cano29 New Member

thanks all, Does anyone know how often these frames snap? Would it be worth getting or not? It probably depends on how hard you ride them I guess, for now it'd be nothing bigger than 6ft drops, lots of pivots and little pedal hops, and pivots. Not too hard of riding. Does anyone know how to tell which version the MK II is and which the original is?
    thanks again

9. Muerto

Muerto Scandinavian Trials

10. filotr14lsdude

Mk2 has Magura,v and disc mounts all on the one frame

11. Cano29

Cano29 New Member

thanks a lot, that will help out so much to tell whats what.

12. filotr14lsdude

post up a spec/pics of the bike

13. Cano29

Cano29 New Member

No worries,
    this is the only pic at the moment.

Spec:

Shimano Saint Front and rear

inspired seat/seatpost

Trialtech Stem

PRO FRS bar

Sun MTX Rims

DMR v8 pedals

Ultimate hardware cranks

Attached Files:

14. filotr14lsdude

Jump on that.

If the frame was to break you'll have an awsome set of parts for your next bike

15. PhillyBiker

PhillyBiker New Member

looks like a 24 inch Planet x Zebdi. sweet :bigthumb:

16. Stiiick

Stiiick Fat guy on a little bike

yeah that is some rad looking set up.. i miss my 24uk
    i remember when i first built it then took it for a spin down the drive way, thats all i literally did was spin. great frame. be better if it was steel though

17. Brandon

Brandon New Member

Yo dude whos selling it?

18. Cano29

Cano29 New Member

I was to late man, already sold, A guy in Vic was selling it. You know of anyone with an inspired or another 24" in aus for around 700?

19. Brandon

Brandon New Member

I got an inspired for 700 a couple weeks ago, you wont be that lucky though, you might find one just over $1000 but they tend to go pretty quickly, what bike do you ride?