Gear ratios

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Georg, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Georg

Georg Chris king

hey , since i cant get my sprocket off in any healthy way, im wondering if i have 23tooth sprocket in front, what should i have at the rearwheel if i want a ratio thats about 18/14 ? ;)Thanks

2. bigfoot rider

bigfoot rider New Member

Use math skillz man.
    18/14 = 1.2857
    23/18 = 1.2777

That'd be as close as you're going to get.

3. dmiller403

dmiller403 prefer my ride 'stock' w/ dual disk

God damn boy err body know that.

4. Nada

Nada Active Member

Do a search, this is your second thread in a week, in the main discussion forum, asking a beginner question that has been answered a million times.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. dmiller403

dmiller403 prefer my ride 'stock' w/ dual disk

God damn boy err body know that!

6. Georg

Georg Chris king

THe reason why i created the sprocket thread was that ive tried everything that was suggested on the forum, and wanted to know if there was any other good way to do it, ( and ive got it off now, thanks to one of the tips, so please tell me what was wrong about that.

7. Nada

Nada Active Member

I have a hard time believing you tried everything suggested in past posts, but at least you got your sprocket off. No harm done and that thread was full of win :rofl:

Just be sure to do a search and check out the Beginner FAQ to avoid grumpy posts by assholes like me :bigthumb:

8. sk8dad

sk8dad every ounce of fun

fixed. :bigthumb:

9. ateam

ateam Old Man, Poser, Newbie, "Huba Huba"

Grumpy assholes???????????????

Takes one to know one. Spot on as always Jdada. You are the king for newbies like me. OTN says: :bowrofl:

10. That thread was full of faggot posts and me unleashing a juvenile detention style fist-fucking of freewheel knowledge to further widen some know-it-all's already gaping asshole.

Anyway, I hope that I had a hand in your success, please check out the beginner FAQ sticky in the beginner section. I'm pretty sure ratios are covered in there. :bigthumb:

11. sk8dad

sk8dad every ounce of fun

OTN poetry.