Fontana 2012 winter series

Discussion in 'Competitions Forum' started by millhouse, Dec 28, 2011.

1. millhouse

millhouse New Member

California state trials series.The event dates are Jan 8th, Jan 22nd, Feb 5th, Feb 19th, and the finals on Mar 4th.
    We were able to swing Red Bull, Power Bar, and AME grips. So there will be some small prizes, but we will be giving awards for first, second, and third place finish.
    Sign up will be at 9:00. Riders meeting is at 9:45. The event starts at 10:00.
    Pros and Experts will have 2min. Sport and Beginner will have no time limit per section. BIU rules apply. Pros will have the option to ride UCI if agreed upon at the riders meeting.
    Entry fee is the usual $20. I hope to see a lot of riders come out to the events. it should be a great year.

For directions,http://southridgeusa.com/directions.php

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Ways the weather like in January for those of us who've never been to Fontana... Balls cold?

3. krule

krule New Member

it can be quite windy too. when I did DH there, it was almost mandatory to wear goggles to keep the shit out of your eyes.

4. millhouse

millhouse New Member

Should be in the 70's

5. My Little Pony

My Little Pony Active Member

I doubt I can make Jan 8. But for those after I'll see what I can do.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Going to try to make jan 8...even if I have to borrow a bike.

7. sxbud138

sxbud138 Still going strong

Dang, sucks it's on Sunday's. Would any one be out on Friday or Saturday's setting up?
    I'm thinking about flying out to hang with my buddies at one of the supercross races and I wouldn't mind sneaking out and meeting the SoCal trials gang.

8. REDOVAL

REDOVAL Scott Thompson

Andy at a comp......right, I'll believe that when I see it.

9. millhouse

millhouse New Member

This maybe last minute, but i will be adding two more classes. A vintage class and a retro class. Vintage will require a bike 1990 or older and ride the sport sections. Retro class will require bikes between 1991 to 2000 and will ride the expert sections. Lets see some old folks brush off the dust and come have some fun!

10. Yoda

Yoda They see me rollin'

The first and only time I met him in person was a comp in Durango hahaha.

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Yeah... 8-9 years ago.

There were years & years dedicated to comps and winning. Countless hours driven, dozens of nights slept in my car...

Riding and having fun while doing is it all that's important now. Planning on making this comp, have had no rear brake for the past ~3 weeks so will either be riding brakeless or on a borrowed bike.

As for the vintage etc - I have a 90s 24" bmx cruiser with only a barely working rear brake...can I rock that?

12. 6061forlife

6061forlife .joshua.

I will be in attendance. . . The weather should be perfect this weekend. Hopefully it'll be a good turn out. . .

13. millhouse

millhouse New Member

I'm siding with Andy on this one. I want to have fun, ride and not be too serious.
    I have a brake you can borrow if that helps. You can rock any bike you want. It just has to fit the year. I'm up for suggestions on the vintage and retro classes. I want to keep the years the same but i wasn't sure about how to separate skill level.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  14. BigFoot4300

BigFoot4300 Its a jeep thing.

honestly i dont see the point of the other 2 classes if you dont have enough riders to even fill the normal classes.

15. literocola

literocola Well-Known Member

Like getting Elan to ride a bike too.

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I met élan at a comp.

Aj has lent me his echo control. See you suckers there

17. krule

krule New Member

missed it today, hope you guys had fun. looking forward to the next one

AJ

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Had a great time...even with the 50+mph winds!

Good to see some old face.

Looking forward to January 22nd...

19. REDOVAL

REDOVAL Scott Thompson

Same here, had a great time leaning into the wind. We need more people to show up at these events and help grow the sport.

Scott

20. My Little Pony

My Little Pony Active Member

Does anyone have a place I could crash the night of Saturday Jan 21