Cous Front Hubs

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Faction Bike, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

sick stuff from Cous Land.......

[​IMG]

sorry for the image quality :down:

Hey Tonkery......Danny B was saying the frames take about a week or two to arrive in the states and they are already on their way....... :bigthumb:

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Graham you should come riding. i have secrets to show you...

and no they aren't in my pants. If you want me to take any real photos of that shit let me know, i think my camera does it a bit nicer... How much are those hubs anyway? How many holes? If the golds reasonably priced and 32h you might have a buyer... Probably not as I don't even have enough money to buy that gold rim lol.

ps i think i could 28 :squint:

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Don't compress the image so much, compression artifacts all over that bish. This is the best I could do to fix it up :p

[​IMG]

4. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

I should be round at Danny's sometime next week, i'll get some nice piccies for you then :) (as long as i remember :S)

5. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

Danny sent me a nice pic here but when I copied it to the server it turned out looking bunk.....maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know....yo tonkery....what's this secret?...I know I shouldn't be complaining 'bout this because of Colorado's nice weather but if fookin snowed again today.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Whats an inch of snow have to do with riding :dunno:

Plan ahead, ie 4 hours of riding yesterday = sore today.

7. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

See if this is any better...

[​IMG]

Ive actually fondled and laced that silver one... apparently the non-disc side flange is now even smaller, with a smaller bearing, getting the weight down to sub 160g. Nice :)

8. Faction Bike

Faction Bike New Member

hey I'm from Oregon....that's like 2 feet to us.....but you're right it don't mean a thing......call me when you get out of class so we can ride....

Thanks for reposting the pic adam.....looks mucho bettorio (spanglish)

9. dingus

dingus New Member

Isnt that just a joytech or quando or some other taiwanese company's hub. I remember at interbike scoping out a whole bunch of disc hubs all in the 150g range, of course you have to buy like 500.

Im about to get a new front hub, I was thinking a centerlock DT or XTR, both right near 150g and both pretty affordable from a BTI catalog.

Know of any light weight 20mm thru front hubs?
    Most, or all Ive found are well over 200g.

10. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

The Hadley Front hub is relatively light. I don't know how much the new Kings weigh.

11. KenC

KenC New Member

The King ISO front hub is 166g (that's what their website says) I have one, and it's super light. And if quality is your thing, you can't beat it.

12. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

The hubs are made by Goldtec, in the UK. Nothing far eastern about them (apart from maybe the bearings).

Quality is good, little touches like brass inserts on the ends of the axles to clamp the wheel in tighter are a bonus too.

I think price over here is gonna be about £60 (half that of a King)... which aint bad.

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Yeah i have a king hub laying around. But its not gold. nothing a little spray paint cant fix.

edit:

Graham, u gotta love this place...snow and ice everywhere when i go to class at 8:45. I get out at 11 and its all clear, everything disappeared- I don't understand it as its still cold as fuck outside. I get out of lesbian class at 5, we'll see how much riding will be done.

14. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Yeah, its nice from Longmont up to Ft. Collins. Shitty from Boulder south to Golden.

You're taking horseback lessons? Which lesbian class are you in?