Bar H bash Or not to Bar H bash

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by painik101, Feb 12, 2004.

1. painik101

painik101 New Member

Hey any one in the surrounding Texas area that knows bout the St Joe
    Bar H bash.......I there going to be a Trials comp this year?
    I heard there might be a moutain bike down hill but no TRIALS comp?

:down:

2. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

I have no idea, but Bar H being where I competed for the first time and sucked royally I want to go back and rip the place up right again, hope theres another comp.

3. painik101

painik101 New Member

I think i need to get intouch with Jack or Jeff and see what it would take to put one on down there and the sponcer crap would be. If it's just setting up one in that field, I that something could be done. If not a copm for cash but a ass bustin good time. A reason to ride. Like i need one :cool:

4. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

I know the obstacles are there year round and can be ridden anytime for a fee. The owners can be reached through this website: http://www.barhbreaks.com/

Wasnt it primarily Steve Hile who put on last year's bash? He would be the one to talk to I think, not sure though, I was just a fledgling at the time...

EDIT: And even though it's good exposure for the sport, I wonder if holding it seperate from the race series held up there would be wise. Otherwise we have to pay all the NORBA fees, which keep some riders away.

5. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Yeah, Steve Hile is the one you want to talk to as he's heavily involved with DORBA. Every year, he puts in weekend after weekend of hardwork, setting all that junk up. He may not be up to it this year... who knows. I was there in 2002 when Ross McMaster, Aaron lutze, and Dan Drain showed up.. it was pretty fun.

Post on www.dorba.org and ask about the trials comp.. Steve will reply shortly.

6. painik101

painik101 New Member

thanks Patrick,
    I'm gonna email em now.
    If there's gonna be one are you going this year also? and if so how many other ppl do you know that will?
    So that way I can let em know how many trial-ers are going to be diapointed if no trials comp.

thanks again :Wavey:

7. painik101

painik101 New Member

crap, you wouldnt know his email address per chance would you

8. Patrick

Patrick New Member

painik101, I don't think I'll be at any Texas comps this year (will there be more than one?) unless I happen to be in town at that time.

here's Steves email..
    steven_hile@hotmail.com