Anti Trials Number 3

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by BrettM, Feb 16, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

A little different style this time. Nothing too crazy or fancy for editing. Just as much flow as I could get going. Little mellower music to. 13 or so riders from beginner to pro covering as many styles and terrains for trials as we could.

Let me know what you think

http://videos.observedtrials.net/Anti_Trials/AntiTrials1.mpg

2. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Its pretty cool. Not as impressive in terms of the riding as the other videos, but the scene is definately shown in full force, which in itself is impressive.

3. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I thought the riding in this vid is way better than the others, at least from the pros. Depends what you consider good tho. John on the natural is untouchable. The one shot where he goes to pedal he is on a ledge aboots 20 feet above the ocean and rocks on a ledge aboots a foot wide sloping down towards the death. You shoulda seen the stuff he said he'd do if we had some spotters there.

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Was the best anti vid I've seen... best riding bar none :bigthumb:

5. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I agree with the comments about the pros however, alot of the video was not pros. Johns section was amazing. Did you show those wedges just to smight andrew?

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Justin's section was very good as well...

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Haha. Of course I didn't show the wedges to smight anyone...

Canadians don't do wedges and we use our bash guards as much as possible. Haha. It was sorta in my mind to get a lot more of John in this vid in his real element for those who like videos that come from Colorado because of the natural and the style. A lot of people are really into that style and that only so that part was for them.

I guess it could have been a "technically better" video if I cut out some of the lower level riders and just left Justin, Dave, and John in, but I wanted a pretty mellow bro film. It's as good of a showcase of the island as I could do. From beginner to pro they are in there, ignore Dave Herr and Justin Lee for the island experience tho.

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

this was the best video i have seen from you yet by far!

the riding from everyone was really great. i always enjoy seeing little grommit kids (lee and webster mainly) pulling crap i would never have looked at. the music was way relaxed and i dont knwo if it was the best choice but i definately do like seeing a change in pace from the norm so good work there! i liked the editing clean and simple. it allowed you to really focus and appreciate what the riders were doing.

great work! keep it up!

9. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Oya I may as well ask this question here. Kevin sorta reminded me there.

The Tragically Hip is considered the best band in Canada that no one in the states have heard of, and they have been for a long damn time now. Morley suggested I use them because of that reason. Anyone from down south heard of em?

10. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i have indeed heard of them. i never considered it for a trials movie though. after watching the vid again i must say it worked better than i initially thought. webster's wedge to hook was sick. lee's whole section was gnar.

11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Webster's part was incredable! especially his wedge to hook.

Other guys also rode very well. That Brett McCullough guys section was good. A little more getto style then Webster but good none the less.

12. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Very nice vid. Although it was pretty dark quite often because the camera was compensating for excess light when pointed to the sky.

13. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

awesome video, i like the natty riding...keep it up. John is incredible and the 2 riders before him were awesome too. Brett that manual just wasnt right

14. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

good riding...i fucking love that band even though thats the first time hearing them

15. valiumlaw

valiumlaw New Member

Very good vid Brett, a little on the giant side for my 56k but i eventually got it and was very pleased, all the riding was edited well, no waste of time bits like some other vids, which was good, music choice was alright i guess, like you said, "just as much flow as i could get going", having the various abilities, AND various styles, AND various terrains in one vid was great, a worthy addition to the collection, anyone on 56k, download it, it's definitely worth it....

16. BrettM

BrettM New Member

The manual line was the last of the impossible manual lines in vic. Until now no one had made it around the first corner. I only put it in this video cause I fucked up the end of it. Wait for the manual only video I'm doing. That one is something I consider pretty easy compared to some of the others I have so far.

I'm sorry for the darnkess in some of the shots. The natural day had horrible lighting with John and he doesn't like to wait for me to get where I wanna be with the camera. I got a lot of stuff with John planned so expect to see him a lot more.

17. alexm

alexm New Member

Great Video, i mean usually if i watch a 9 minute trials video more than twice i start to get bored but not with this one. The music was fantastic, its making me have second thoughts on the music ive chosen to edit canberratrials13 to but its a little late for that.

I think the music goes so well with the riding because of so many tripod shots and it appears youve cut out bike sound which makes it more mellow too. Youve done a great job.

Dave Herr and his gaps....oooooooooooooooo sorry, i'll just clean up the mess i made. How the fuck does someone gap like that, its slowmo and smoooth and crazy big. Amazing, i could watch him gap all day.

John's forks are just ugly.

You guys have a wicked scene going, you should all ride together more often, this vid proves you have a lot of great riders living in Canada and mainly in BC which means for every group ride you have you could make a good 5 minute video i think.

Looking forward to the manual vid too Brett.

Alex

18. Justin.L

Justin.L New Member

bump. sux how other ppl just watch and dont reply. as for the guys who replied thanks. :Wavey:

19. BrettM

BrettM New Member

What sux is those who have a good part in it sit back and complain that their part sucked once I release it...and then complain that not enough enough people talk aboots it...punks

20. Justin.L

Justin.L New Member

:ugh: :rolleyes: ill shut up then

well like the other riders. they rode awesome.