Another frame question..

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Little Android Man, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

I believe I've asked this before, but I am on the hunt once again, and this time my question is a bit more specific. Is the Azonic evolution 2 or DS1 frame any good for trials? I do freeride and urbany type riding as well, and thats about all the money ive got to spend ($300ish). Any other frames recommended? thanks for any help...

2. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

3. cck

cck New Member

go for that, not trials specific, yet mikey mahem in the down series uses it for his trialsin. but it would also be a good urban freeride bike. get that, or a koxx. :bigthumb:

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

I believe the azonics have pretty low bottom brackets, though I may be mistaken. The DS1 also has a horrible reputation for breaking.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

get a norco doode, good mix of urban and trialsy on that bitch fo' sho', like whoa!!

6. Hardline

Hardline New Member

I have a Chameleon that I ride urban on. Sweet ride for that but it is a size large and would be way too big to try to trials on. So I just bought the Zebdi MKV from webcyclery with the superlight fork and it is way sweet. I can not raise the seat high enough to get proper leg extension but who cares. I think if you were looking for an urban/trials bike the Zebdi would fit the bill. BTW they do have a special on them now but it is a little higher than your $300 range. $485.00

7. chris d

chris d New Member

my recomendation for best urban bashingests trials frame would have to go to a surly instigator its steel it isnt that heavy it has a zero drop bb if used with a 410mm fork and it has short chain stays so buy the shortest lenth like 1080 i think and go nuts i mean seriously nice bike