2001 straight 8

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by ty, Jan 26, 2004.

1. ty

ty shizzle dizzle

specs:
    Schwinn Homegrown Straight 8 Downhill frame made from Proprietary butted 7005 aluminum with custom Easton shaped and butted rear stays.
    Bike includes Hayes HFX9 downhill discs front and rear, Edco Big Rock 15mm thru-axle rear Hub. The rear wheel has almost 8.5" travel, provided by a patented World Cup winning Fox Vanilla RC coil-over shock. The fork is a 2002 Marzzochi super T pro. Alex dx32 front rim, Mavic D321 rear rim, Shimano LX rear derailleur, almost new tires, Black Spire chain guide/tensioner, Easton platform pedals, 9 speed LX shifter and matching cassette. Race Face Evolve bottom bracket, Easton handle bars, Race Face Diablos stem, ODI lock on grips, Truvativ Hussefelt cranks, includes seat.

I love the way this bike rides, the floating rear brake is awesome on rocky descents, it allows you to slow down or stop wile still having a full 8" of rear wheel travel.

This bike is in very good condition but it is a downhill bike so there are scuffs in the paint. I have never crashed it but there is a small dent in the top of the down tube, which should not affect durability or reliability.
    I hate to sell it but lack of time (and the need for cash) forces me to. I have only had time to ride this bike about 4 times since I built it in May. This bike is a great deal for you!
    email me with questions and for more pictures. Buyer to pay actual shipping costs provided by fedex.com or ups.com. For shipping email me or go to www.fedex.com or www.ups.com.

make me an offer

now for the pics
    [​IMG]

and the dent
    [​IMG]